We are recruiting a Senior Consultant - Data Analytics for the UK's leading analytics software consultancy for asset intensive industries. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career within a dynamic growing company that is wholly owned by a leading global asset management consultancy.
Based at our clients head office in Sheffield you will be an integral part of an already established and growing Analytics & Consultancy team delivering advanced data and analytic solutions for asset investment planning across the utility, power and transportation sectors.
As a Senior Consultant you will be responsible for the delivery of analytical projects to clients which will enable them to define their future investment strategies. You will manage, coordinate, and deliver data analysis and asset investment planning projects to clients which will enable them to define their future investment strategies. Building relationships is critical to this role as you'll be engaging with client personnel across a range of functions including technical and non-technical staff, asset managers and decision makers. You will be responsible for managing the delivery of analytical projects to clients ensuring assigned projects are delivered on time, within budget and in accordance with the project scope.
Other key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Ensure clients have a full understanding of the project process and deliverables throughout the project delivery.
- Manage outputs and quality throughout delivery of the project ensuring all work packages align to the project scope.
- Collecting, assessing and transforming client data as required to support the project including ensuring data is validated for completeness and analysed for 'cleanliness'.
- Derive predictive models using appropriate statistical techniques.
- Design and populate models within our clients software, execute and report on investment scenario analyses, including investment triggers, advanced prioritisation and optimisation.
- Production of client reports, technical notes & model documentation.
- Delivery of technical sales support including software demonstrations.
You will ideally also have the following skills and experience:
- Exceptional skills in data collection and interpretation.
- Predictive and / or prescriptive analytics.
- Understanding of investment models, assets and systems of assets, understanding of Optimisation (linear & non-linear), Prioritisation and Monte Carlo analysis.
- Experience of working for a utility company, or on utility projects, would be advantageous.
- Extensive use of MS Access or SQL to collate data and perform complex queries
- Mathematical and statistical analysis and modelling skills.
- Use of analysis tools; R, MATLAB, SAS, SPSS or similar.
Educated to degree level in a Mathematics, Data Science, Physics, Engineering or another financial/numeric field you will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ideally our client is looking for individuals that have operated within the utilities or infrastructure markets (water, electricity, power and transport) and will have significant experience of delivering analytical projects in a consultancy environment.
In return our client can offer a competitive remuneration package to include flexible working hours, pension, health care and excellent career progression within this market leading company and further career opportunities within a globally renowned organisation.
If you would like to discuss this Senior Consultant - Data Analytics role in more detail then please call 01384 397555 and ask for Les Hines or send an email and CV to: