We are seeking a Senior Analytics Consultant - Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) for one the UK's leading software consultancies supporting asset intensive industries. This post will be based at our clients head office in Sheffield and you will be providing commercial and technical leadership in delivery of analytical projects to clients, establishing and maintaining the relationships to ensure customer satisfaction.
Our clients Analytics & Consultancy team collects, processes and interprets customer corporate data to produce long term strategic investment plans for companies to improve management of their assets. This is achieved using their bespoke analytics software.
As a Senior Analytics Consultant you will manage, coordinate, and deliver data analysis and asset investment planning projects to clients which will enable them to define their future investment strategies. Building relationships is critical to this role as you'll be engaging with client personnel across a range of functions including technical and non-technical staff, asset managers and decision makers. You will be responsible for managing the delivery of analytical projects to clients ensuring assigned projects are delivered on time, within budget and in accordance with the project scope.
Other key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Ensure clients have a full understanding of the project process and deliverables throughout the project delivery.
- Manage outputs and quality throughout delivery of the project ensuring all work packages align to the project scope.
- Collecting, assessing and transforming client data as required to support the project including ensuring data is validated for completeness and analysed for 'cleanliness'.
- Derive predictive models using appropriate statistical techniques.
- Design and populate models within our clients software, execute and report on investment scenario analyses, including investment triggers, advanced prioritisation and optimisation.
- Production of client reports, technical notes & model documentation.
- Delivery of technical sales support including software demonstrations.
This organisation is going through a sustained period of growth and with a recent acquisition has the potential for allowing significant career opportunities for the right individuals. In light of this our client is seeking an individual educated to degree level in either Data Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or another financial/numeric related field. You'll be experienced in the delivery of analytical projects in a consultancy environment and an effective communicator who is credible, confident and articulate.
You will ideally also have the following skills and experience:
- Exceptional skills in data collection and interpretation.
- Predictive and / or prescriptive analytics.
- Understanding of investment models, assets and systems of assets, understanding of Optimisation (linear & non-linear), Prioritisation and Monte Carlo analysis.
- Experience of working for a utility company, or on utility projects, would be advantageous.
- Extensive use of MS Access or SQL to collate data and perform complex queries
- Mathematical and statistical analysis and modelling skills.
- Use of analysis tools; R, MATLAB, SAS, SPSS or similar.
This is a permanent position with a salary range up to £40,000pa dependant on experience plus excellent prospects for career progression. Although the preference is for this post to be based within our clients head office in Sheffield there is the opportunity for a suitably qualified individual to be based in alternative offices in Birmingham, Cambridge or Bristol.
If you would like to discuss this Senior Analytics Consultant opportunity in more detail then please call Les Hines on 01384 397555 or send your CV .