An experienced Security System Feature Engineer is required.
Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We`re already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We`re doing more than dream, we`re creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
This role is an opportunity to own the Security Systems feature in Service Diagnostics and Repair for all JLR vehicle programs.
- Act as the single point of contact for the Security Systems within Technical Service
- Lead the authoring and validation (using simulation and vehicle) of guided diagnostic tests for security systems
- Oversee the creation of workshop manual content with the authors and JLR Engineering
- Assist in the development and provide feedback on diagnostic Part II specifications and FTAs (i.e. Attend to Engineering workshops, supplier reviews, sign-offs events)
- Represent Service Diagnostics and Repair at JLR Engineering forums for issue investigation and provide status updates for the Technical Service tasks for Security Systems
- Work with JLR Engineering to create technical fixes for vehicle and software issues, in form of guided diagnostic test and workshop manual updates
- Capture requirements and concerns via the JIRA system and track your work
This role requires a holistic view of the overall information landscape in order to provide retailer technicians with the right information in the right format for them. The successful candidate needs to have a strong customer first mindset, to ensure the end-to-end diagnosis and repair process achieves a fast and effective, right-first-time repair, meaning the customers can be reunited with their vehicles as quickly as possible, whilst maintaining a positive technical experience for the retailer technicians.
We require an individual who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver in a complex, demanding environment. You'll need the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of vehicle electrical systems and vehicle diagnostics
- Proven track record of delivery of customer-focused approach to technical issue resolution
- Understanding of the latest vehicle technologies, as well as vehicle communication networks (CAN / Flex-Ray)
- Ability to work unsupervised and plan own workload
- Decisive thinker
- Good communicator
- Effective team player
- IT skills: Microsoft Office (Visio, Excel, Word
- Knowledge and experience in how to write and adapt diagnosis and repair information for specific features desirable
- Understanding of vehicle retailers, their needs and drivers
- Automotive serviceability knowledge
- Work experience in the automotive sector at system level
- Knowledge and a desire to embrace and drive future industry standards and technology
- Knowledge of OTX and ODX standards and UDS protocol
Academic Degree within relevant area or the equivalent education and/or experience
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.