Section Manager - Paints
Contract - Initial 12 months
Desford - Leicestershire
A Section Manager opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
As a Section Manager you will lead teams and supervise people in the Paint Plant sections to maximise efficiency in quality, velocity and cost.
- Monitor and improve shop floor safety, aggressively eliminates unsafe processes
- Assures fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet production schedules
- Determines priorities and sequences jobs
- Schedules and prioritises constrained resources, and adjusts staffing to meet flow and customer requirements
- Determines and executes disciplinary action when appropriate
- Procures and distributes production material to meet schedules
- Ensures preventive maintenance is performed according to schedule
- Implements, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification and others
- Evaluates, assess, identifies and leads the deployment of workforce training
- Section Value Stream Mapping
- Actively deploys section value stream improvements
- Practices and teaches CPS Guiding Principles
- Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogues with Team Leads and Team Members
- Drives root cause corrective action projects and drives continuous improvement
- Leads section status reporting and monitors / audits section metrics
- Leads the creation, implementation and training of standard work procedures
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Good understanding of Built in Quality (BIQ)
- Experience demonstrating project work/RIWs
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous leadership experience in a professional or personal capacity.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers.
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Able to produce relevant reports.
- Experience and CV demonstrating confident use of Excel.
- Ability to confidently in complete presentations and training related to the role.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.