Section Leader: Automotive
Circa £37,000 plus shift allowance, pension
Shift Pattern : Nights, 6am - 2pm / 2pm - 10pm
We are working with a well established automotive tier 1 and due to the increase in production volumes they have asked us to search for an exceptional Section Leader in their top class automotive seating assembly facility in Coventry. The Section Leader will coordinate the activities within a manufacturing line to ensure manufacturing, quality and key performance indicators are met and are continually improved to ensure customer satisfaction.
Role Responsibilities as Section Leader
- Guide and direct associates regarding the improvement and implementation of work methods to ensure correct build and quality is continuously improved, leading to ultimate customer satisfaction.
- Monitor and review operational methods to facilitate both qualitative and quantitative improvement in the operation and service to the customer
- Develop, maintain and promote corporate work ethics, teamwork and a general culture of change and flexibility within all team members to develop the continuous improvement initiative within the Company
- Implement training plans in order to ensure all new and existing employees within the manufacturing department receive training to ensure flexible job rotation and skills matrices are maintained.
- Monitor production targets and act on delinquencies in order to ensure shift targets are met.
- Implement and maintain systems and processes which ensure accountability for specific tasks, goals and the general introduction of changes within the plant.
- Collect and evaluate information to analyse the key issues, liaising with all relevant team members to implement any changes that may be required.
- Communicate with internal/external customers, suppliers and any other agencies regarding any relevant issues during the shift concerning the manufacturing department and/or the plant in general
- Ensure all applicable quality systems are implemented and continually work to improve all such systems in line with company targets
- Utilise problem solving methods, communication and leadership skills to provide support to other internal departments and customer personnel in resolving open issues within all areas of the business in order to continuously improve quality and productivity.
- Actively work to reduce scrap levels in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- Manage day to day absence ensuring return to work interviews are carried out and corrective action taken where necessary
- Ensure a shift handover report is completed and all issues are reported
Previous experience of leadership within a busy manufacturing or assembly facility.
- Previous experience of leading by example in Health and Safety
- Good problem solving skills
- Willingness to work on a rotating shift pattern.
- Team and people management experience
This is an excellent time to join the business as the organisation is in a period of growth and are looking to recruit candidates who wish to further their career.