Job Title: Project Engineer (Seating)
Rate: Up to £35.00 per hour
As a Seating Project Engineer, you will design automotive seating system components to ensure compliance to customer and industry standards.
Reports to the Project Manager and/or Lead Engineer, and is responsible for:
- Technical Design and conformity to package and customer specifications.
- Drawing Release with 'freeze' against each Programme build milestone.
- DFMEA creation and update and release against the milestones.
- All design changes post initial prototype tool release to use Change Management Process. PLM system.
- All Customer requests to deviate away from initial Programme Assumptions / Technical file to be approved via Change Management Process PLM system.
- Maximum 10 day turn-around of PLM to solve testing related issues / concerns .
- Medium and short term CAD resource management, ensuring CAD Designers workload / priorities match those of the Programme Timeline and Customer Releases.
- Support Plant issues when proven root cause is base design (not quality / process)
- Customer liaison and reporting of project technical issues and potential resolutions.
- Sub-Supplier Design Management - Data release and Control with documented status and actions on a regular basis.
- Generation of VE/VA brainstorm ideas - Facilitate the workshops.
- Progress VE/VA ideas to engineered / feasible solutions with detail drawings and prototype trial samples.
- Management of Test and Development DV / PV and virtual CAE analysis.
- Presentations to Lear and Customer Senior Management.
- Open Issues - Single list with time bound response including all known problems with priorities.
- Checking of all data prior to Release (to customer/ supplier or other interested parties)
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent (or relevant experience)
- Excel / Word/Powerpoint
- To be able to read, check and correct detail Drawings
- Practical application of GD&T
- Detailed seating (seat structures and seat complete) engineering knowledge
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Microsoft Project experience
- DFMEA - Qualified to 'User level'
- Automotive Seating experience
- Problem Solving skills
- Appreciation of CAE techniques and Process.
- Understanding of Renault and Nissan release systems.
- VE/VA techniques (cost pareto etc)
- Understanding of CAD systems (NX and Catia)
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.