Seatbelt & Safety System Design Engineer - R00028748
We are seeking a "Restrain System Design Engineer" to be based in Cranfield to contribute with current and future projects and to help achieve Cost and Quality targets.
A Seatbelt & Safety System Design Engineer is required with experience in an OEM or tier 1 supplier in safety and restraints system development for a new contract role.
As a Seatbelt & Safety System Design Engineer you will be required to carry out the following:
- Parts development and system performance planning from pre-concept to lifetime management for the Safety & Restraints System (seatbelts, airbags and steering wheel) on European models.
- Supplier and project management for all aspects of OEM development including cost management, concept definition, supplier selection, performance achievement, styling, validation, delivery, production preparation and quality achievement.
As you would expect, being a global organisation, working cross-functionally across the business and with our suppliers will be an essential part of the role.
European travel is a certainty but you may be required to travel outside of Europe during crucial development periods.
The Seatbelt & Safety System Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience in an OEM or tier 1 supplier in safety and restraints system development
- Previous supplier management experience, working together to resolve issues and meet project timelines.
- Supporting buyer to resolve and finalize commercial issues including D&D, Test cost, Piece price.
- Self-motivated to deliver results and follow up areas for improvement.
- Driven to self-develop and utilise all company and own routes for enhancing technical knowledge and industry developments.
- Motivated to form mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Fluent oral and written English language skills
If you have any questions about the Seatbelt & Safety System Design Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship