Seatbelt & Safety (Restraints) Design Engineer
Milton Keynes, Bedford
A Seatbelt & Safety (Restraints) Design Engineer is required to join an established team based in Bedfordshire, developing seatbelts, airbags and steering wheel parts to all cost, quality and delivery targets.
Our client, a global automotive OEM based in Cranfield requires a Seatbelt & Safety (Restraints) Design Engineer to:
- Parts development and system performance planning from pre-concept to lifetime management for the Safety & Restraints System (seatbelts, airbags and steering wheel) on European models
- Supplier and project management for all aspects of OEM development including cost management, concept definition, supplier selection, performance achievement, styling, validation, delivery, production preparation and quality achievement
The Seatbelt & Safety (Restraints) Design Engineer should have the following skills:
- Working for an OEM or tier 1 supplier in safety and restraints system development
- Previous supplier management experience, working together to resolve issues and meet project timelines.
- Self-motivated to deliver results and follow up areas for improvement.
- Driven to self-develop and utilise all company and own routes for enhancing technical knowledge and industry developments.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of developing Safety Systems. In return for your experience, this Milton Keynes based Automotive company will offer you:
- Competitive pay rate including an excellent overtime rate
If you have knowledge of Seatbelts and Safety Systems and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about this role, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262 -
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role
To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship