£15.00 - 22.09 per hour
Scientist - 3485
Up to £22.09 p/h LTD/Umbrella or £17.36 p/h PAYE
Research & Development
A Scientist opportunity has become available for a world leading research organisation who provide consultancy to the life science, food and consumer goods sectors.
Playing a key role in ensuring that projects are performed and supervised effectively and accurately within agreed timescales and to appropriate quality standards.
This role focuses on routine and investigative analyses of products and method development and validations for particle characterization, thermal and rheological properties of materials.
- Scientific understanding and ability to independently conduct chemical/physical analysis in relevant area.
- Good verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate with client's and colleagues.
- Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
- Perform a range of routine and investigative analysis using particle size laser diffraction analyzer, dynamic light scattering, specific surface area, powder rheometers and zetasizer independently and provide interpretation of results generated as required.
- Perform method development, transfers and design validation protocols with support.
- Assist with technical aspects for client proposals for method development, transfers and validation protocols.
- Use of Laboratory LIMS and specific equipment software and proficient at setting up reports and troubleshooting.
- To liaise with clients, business development and line management to ensure effective communication of project proposals and results.
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
- To understand and work to the requirements of GMP and UKAS.
- Educated to Degree or PhD in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
- Scientific understanding and ability to independently conduct chemical and physical analysis in relevant area.
Please send a copy of your CV to James Tilley for review.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.