almost 2 years ago
Up to £18.75 consolidated rate
Research & Development
An opportunity has arisen for a Scientist to work for this international confectionery manufacturer based at their research facility in Reading.
- Provide high quality customer service always by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
- Perform a range of routine analysis using PCR under minimal supervision of a senior member of staff.
- Perform method validation following protocols.
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of lab equipment.
- Perform transcription checking for factual data (e.g. reagents) and review non GMP projects on LIMS.
- Be proficient in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role: Laboratorys LIMS system and Q-Pulse.
- Provide training in routine activities and methods.
- Take responsibility as required for elements of specific projects and/or specific areas of general laboratory/sample administration
- DNA Extraction, PCR, Polyacrylamide, Gel Electrophoresis
- Practical experience in DNA Extraction, End Point PCR, Real Time PCR and Gel Electrophoresis
- Scientific understanding and ability to conduct chemical analysis in relevant area under supervision
- Practical experience of working to UKAS standards
- Educated to Degree in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory
- Good understanding of basic lab equipment including Balances, Auto Pipettes, Centrifuges, Incubators, Water Baths, Plate Reader, Laminar Flow Cabinets, PCR Machines and Gel Electrophoresis equipment
- Educated to Degree in a relevant scientific discipline e.g. Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
- To be Based at Reading until June 2019 when the role and department will move to Wokingham
- Monday to Thursday - 9:00-5:00PM
- Friday - 9:00-4:45PM
If you would like to apply for the role, please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.