Due to continued growth this global provider of systems and solutions for commercial and defence applications are looking to recruit a SCADA Software Engineer
Salary: Circa £30,000 - £60,000 per annum plus benefits
Suitable for: Control Systems Engineer, SCADA Engineer, SCADA Software Engineer, Automation Engineer
As a key member of the software team, the SCADA Software Engineer will take customer requirements from concept to fruition on a platform management system utilising a SCADA software solution
•Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
•Produce technical documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
•Specify, design and test solutions for SCADA control systems.
•Manage data communications with third party equipment.
•Develop SCADA control code from multiple design formats such as Block Diagrams, Flow Charts or Pseudo Code.
•Validate software designs through analysis and test.
•Provide technical oversight of subcontractors.
•Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
Background and experience:
Please note for this particular role, all candidates must be eligible for SC - UK EYES ONLY clearance and therefore be a sole British National passport holder.
• Selection & Specification of COTS SCADA equipment.
• Design and integration of SCADA control systems.
• High Level Programming Language experience within SCADA environments.
• Production of technical documentation.
• SCADA/PLC interfacing and driver configuration.
• Data Archiving and Logging.
• Proven experience in SCADA control systems design and programming.
• Understanding of commissioning and setting to work.
• Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. C&I engineering, Systems engineering
• Proactive and shows initiative.
• Team player.
• Good communication skills.
• Organised and capable of managing own tasks.
• Good mathematical knowledge and analytical ability.
• Strong IT skills, in particular with MS Office products.
• British national and citizen (no dual nationality). Able to obtain Security Clearance (SC), UK Eyes Only.
• Design and integration of PLC Control systems.
• Experience of Siemens TIA Portal & Rockwell Studio5000.
• Understanding of IEC 61131.
• VB, C#/C++ Programming.
• Fieldbus configuration and implementation.
• Siemens WinCC OA
• Database development for data archiving & logging.
• IEC 61508 Functional Safety or equivalent.
• SIL2 Software Development.
• Linux OS Configuration
• Experience of C&I Configuration management systems and change control
• Experience of Large Infrastructure SCADA development.
• Software testing and verification.
• Experience within defence, maritime, aerospace, or a similarly regulated industrial sector (for example Oil & Gas, Pharma or PetroChem).
• Ship’s machinery and control systems.
• Experience with Requirements database use such as IBM DOORS.
• Experience with AllChange Configuration Management Software
The role requires successful candidates to undergo and maintain a Baseline Personnel Security Standard and/or United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) to obtain a Security Check (SC) without restrictions. Please note that in the event that the required clearance cannot be obtained you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.
This role offers an outstanding career development opportunity and the chance to join a well respected global business
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting PLC Software Engineer role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.