£50 - 60 per hour
9 months ago
Job title: Scada Software Engineer
Salary Range: £50.00 - £60.00 per hour
Hours: 37.5-hour week
6 month rolling contract working for a leading automation next-generation design and development client.
A Scada Software Engineer is required with knowledge WinCC, WinCC OA and Siemens software to take customer requirements/specifications from concept through to fruition on a maritime platform management system utilising a SCADA software solution.
Candidates with knowledge of WinCC, WinCC OA and IEC 61508 Functional Safety or equivalent would be well received.
Due to ongoing new projects this client based in Surrey requires two dynamic, leading Scada Software Engineers on a 6-month rolling contract basis. As a Scada Software Engineer, you will be required to:
- Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
- Produce technical documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
- Specify, design and test solutions for SCADA control systems.
- Manage data communications with third party equipment.
- Develop SCADA control code from multiple design formats such as Block Diagrams, Flow Charts or Pseudo Code.
- Validate software designs through analysis and test.
- Provide technical oversight of subcontractors.
- Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
The Scada Software Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- British national and citizen (no dual nationality). Able to obtain Security Clearance (SC), UK Eyes Only
- Selection & Specification of COTS SCADA equipment.
- Design and integration of SCADA control systems.
- High Level Programming Language experience within SCADA environments.
- Production of technical documentation.
- SCADA/PLC interfacing and driver configuration.
- Data Archiving and Logging.
- Proven experience in SCADA control systems design and programming.
- Understanding of commissioning and setting to work.
- Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. C&I engineering, Systems engineering
- Proactive and shows initiative.
- Team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Organised and capable of managing own tasks.
- Good mathematical knowledge and analytical ability.
- Strong IT skills, in particular with MS Office products.
- Design and integration of PLC Control systems.
- Experience of Siemens TIA Portal & Rockwell Studio5000.
- Understanding of IEC 61131.
- VB, C#/C++ Programming.
- Fieldbus configuration and implementation
- Siemens WinCC OA
- Database development for data archiving & logging.
- IEC 61508 Functional Safety or equivalent
- SIL2 Software Development.
- Linux OS Configuration
- Experience of C&I Configuration management systems and change control
- Experience of Large Infrastructure SCADA development.
- Software testing and verification.
- Experience within defence, maritime, aerospace, or a similarly regulated industrial sector (for example Oil & Gas, Pharma or PetroChem)
- Ship's machinery and control systems.
- Experience with Requirements database use such as IBM DOORS.
- Experience with AllChange Configuration Management Software
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Scada Software. In return for your experience, this Surrey based automation specialist will offer you:
- 6 month rolling contract position
- 37 hour working week with overtime available
- £50.00 - £60.00 per hour
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Scada Software Engineer, WinCC, WinCC OA and Siemens software and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Scada Software Engineer, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.