Satcoms Systems Engineer
Forefront of innovation in the satellite communications industry for two decades, offering to all its stakeholders unrivalled expertise to design, develop and operate state-of-the-art solutions and systems, world-wide. Our portfolio of services and technology know-how covers the entire spectrum of any satellite communication project, from market opportunity sizing and end-user requirements down to ground network development and operations. To both commercial and defence related domains, we also offer unique modular and agile technology to enable a more user-friendly and accessible use of satellite communication resources.
Our team is involved in establishing the requirements, capacity, performance, resource planning and operation of satellite communications networks for both civil and military customers.
We are expanding our team and are seeking a Satellite Communications Systems Engineer to provide technical and commercial expertise to our customers.
The candidate will be responsible for undertaking communications systems engineering tasks on advanced satellite communications networks and supported communications services.
- Carry out modelling and establish and validate requirements for satellites networks based on end user needs
- End to end communications design and development incorporating RF systems, IP networks, OSS/BSS technology and development to realise end to end service networks.
- Requirements analysis and assessment of supplier solutions to meet communications systems requirements.
- Communications system test strategy development and VV&T plan documentation
- Ground segment engineering/terminal design and development
- Communications payload engineering design and test
- Preparation of concept of operations and service delivery documentation
Skills, Character and Experience
- Experience of working as an integral part of a highly focused team
- Good customer-facing and communication skills with ability to produce and present clear, concise and unambiguous presentations to customers and other clients
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify key issues
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions to defined problems
- Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Electronics, communications). Equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative
- Experience in satcoms systems engineering with a knowledge of system design, ground segment design, satellite operations and payload engineering
- Experience in IP networking, protocols and security of data.
- Thorough understanding of communications systems and associated engineering concepts
- Strong practical knowledge of systems engineering practices from requirements engineering through design/development and on to VV&T
- Experience in developing requirements systems design documentation, test plans and procedures and operational procedures
- Proven track record of identifying and solving problems
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent
- Practical experience in the commissioning and testing of satellite systems (satellite and ground based)
- Familiarity with OSS/BSS technology and the use in management and reporting of communications networks.
- Experience in assessment/development of security architectures in a communications systems and/or military communications networks
If you are interested in this role, please apply now. Or send your firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.