Satcom Systems Test Engineer
Our team is involved in establishing the assurance and test programmes for satellite communications networks for both civil and military customers. These networks can involve GEO, MEO and LEO satellite constellation.
We are expanding our team and are seeking a Satcom Systems Test Engineer to support the ongoing test programmes that are necessary to ensure mission success. This role will typically require development of the verification/test strategy which encompasses sub-system acceptance, integration and end to end system testing of cutting-edge satellite communications networks.
The candidate is expected to work closely with e2E's clients through the test campaigns that will precede Communications Service Launch.
- Development and execution of overall test strategy, test plans and procedures for complex mobile and fixed satcom networks.
- Development and execution of test cases which incorporate satellite payload, ground systems, satellite radio networks, IP and service networks, OSS and BSS technologies
- Identifying and troubleshooting system communication paths and capacity performance, as well as conducting post-test data analysis and reporting
- Create test reports to document issues and assist development with the investigation and resolution of issues
- Review/comment on testability issues, obvious design flaws, anticipate data collection points and develop plans for and conduct anomaly test and analysis as required
Skills, Character and Experience
- Awareness of both commercial and technical issues
- Adaptable to new requirements and changing priorities
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic even under pressure
- Able to function and communicate effectively within a team and with other personnel
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and stay focussed on objectives
- Good document writing and presentation skills
- Willing to travel for up to one month nationally and internationally to support test execution campaigns
- Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline (e.g., Electronics / Communication Systems).
- Testing experience in a variety of environments/venues, (stand-alone/integrated testing, factory acceptance testing and operational networks)
- Experience of planning test campaigns, conducting tests, collecting and analysing data from tests, communicating results and anomalies to test management and the customer through both presentations and formal test reports
- Experience in the troubleshooting of network, RF signal connection and protocol problems
- Experience and knowledge of IP Network design, including routing and VoIP
- Skills necessary to evaluate network hardware, software, algorithms and processes to verify and characterize the network capability
- Knowledge of test tools such as Wireshark, Spirent or equivalent
- Experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity and performance analysis, and system architecture design
- Experience of military satellite communications systems
- Knowledge or experience of deploying SDN infrastructure including Kubernetes and Docker
- Understanding of Satellite Network Transport, Management, and Security hardware and software capabilities
- Experience in Software Defined Radio Networks and Satellite Communications Payloads
- Knowledge and experience of test programming languages and scripting
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply now.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.