£11.50 - 13.74 per hour
Sample Preparation Technician - 3487
Up to £13.74 per hour Umbrella or £11.01 PAYE
Research & Development (Scientific)
A Sample Preparation Technician opportunity has become available for a world leading research organisation who provide consultancy to the life science, food and consumer goods sectors.
- Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
- Perform a range of basic routine sample orientated tasks including sample logging, sample preparation, sample disposal under supervision of a senior member of staff.
- Execute pipette calibration and data checking as required.
- Operate basic lab equipment as directed.
- Be competent in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role: Laboratory's LIMS system and Q-Pulse.
- Provide training in routine activities.
- Perform Lab admin and housekeeping duties as directed.
- Will be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills, including time management and priority setting.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to interact effectively by with customers and colleagues by telephone, written communication and face-to-face.
- Team player, plus ability to work on own initiative.
- An organised approach, capable of working on several projects at any one time.
- Computer literate, including use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Outgoing proactive approach, energy, drive, enthusiasm and the ability to motivate others.
- Practical laboratory experience.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment.
- Educated to A level or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
Please send a copy of your CV to James Tilley for review.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.