£13.74 - 13.74 per hour
about 1 month ago
Title: Sample Preparation Technician
Division: Research & Development
Contract Position based at: Wokingham
- Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
- Perform a range of basic routine sample orientated tasks including sample logging, sample preparation, sample disposal under supervision of a senior member of staff.
- Execute pipette calibration and data checking as required.
- Operate basic lab equipment as directed.
- Be competent in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role: Laboratory's LIMS system and Q-Pulse.
- Provide training in routine activities.
- Perform Lab admin and housekeeping duties as directed.
- Will be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
Use of basic lab equipment including auto pipettes. Ability to plan and organise workload to meet demand. Proven team player.
Experience of working in a high throughout contract lab to UKAS/ISO17025 standards would be an advantage.
Educated to A level or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory. Good understanding of basic lab equipment including Balances, Auto Pipettes, Centrifuges, Incubators, Water Baths, Plate Reader, Laminar Flow Cabinets, PCR Machines and Gel Electrophoresis equipment.
Practical experience of working to UKAS standards. Scientific understanding and ability to conduct chemical analysis in relevant area under supervision.
Educated to A level or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham - email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.