Job Title: Sales / Business Development Executive
Salary: £27,000 p/a + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Sales and Business Development Executive to work for our client within their sales department, the role will be involved in supporting the delivery of new and existing sales and work closely with them in this unique market.
- Role will be site based with 2-3 days working out in the field with customers to contribution to growth and success of the business by concentrating on new and existing sales pipelines.
- To support with the production and implementation of an effective sales plan for each customer to ensure new prospects and ongoing sales are targeted.
- Remain within budgeted costs & that strategic growth plans are in place for new and existing customers.
- To work with the senior team in managing the activity of all commercial functions that affect existing and potential customers with the emphasis on providing innovation to our clients/customers.
- Ensuring each customer visit/prospect is well researched & viable, working together to arrange efficient route mapped visits, reviewing all relevant management information to ensure ROI in line with agreed KPI's.
- To input where required in the ongoing development of technical capability within the business, carrying out relevant training and supporting in this area where necessary.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Assist in leads generation and marketing campaigns, understand the features and benefits of the client product range and services to ensure the right solution to each customer
- Responsible for completing new business proposals where appropriate ensuring your sales strategy and activity develops and protects the company and group brand
- Maximising Customer contact information through the use of CRM system working closely with the team to ensure the focus is on continuous improvement
- To maintain an agreed account management plan and record all pipeline activities for each customer so that budgeted sales, contribution targets and customer objectives are actively monitored and achieved
- Proactively research and identify potential clients that have a requirement for companies range of products and services
- Identify & research potential clients, and the decision makers within the potential client's organisation building strong relationships
- Attend trade shows, networking events (to include some evening and weekend work) to support leveraging of our network.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business-to include cold calling, follow up activity etc
- Set up meetings with your potential client decision makers and gain a comprehensive understanding of each client's individual requirements/issues using a variety of styles to persuade & negotiate appropriately
- Support the team in planning persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients, working with each potential/existing client to develop their business and to proactively expand the portfolio of services
- Support the development of telesales and customer contact campaigns through various mediums as directed by the senior team
- Upselling of appropriate products through regular contact with existing customers to ensure maximum sales activity & relationship management
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven record of working collaboratively within a small team
- Work effectively at all levels internally and externally
- Good financial awareness
- Interpersonal & networking skills - Social Media Exp.
- Verbal and written communications skills
- Influencing & negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Logical thinking
- Relationship & Influencing skills internally and externally
- Organising and Problem solving
- Strong focus on Customer Service
- Presentation skills
- Professional and courteous telephone manner
- Experience & working understanding of CRM & Sage accounting systems
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.