Senior Level Package
about 2 months ago
Sales Manager (EMEA) - Industrial/Automotive Products
Reporting to the VP of Sales, this senior level and strategic Sales Managers role is responsible for developing and implementing our Client's Industrial sales strategy in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, with a view to ensuring profitable growth across a broad range of customers and industries. This role supports a range of manufactured products across a range of fastening systems in particularly on automotive and commercial vehicle applications.
With manufacturing locations in the UK, France or Germany, excellent senior level commercial skills are required together with a technical bias and strong analytical and forecasting abilities to ensure the appropriate allocation of focus and resource. The successful candidate must have demonstrated success in a senior level technical sales management level position.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in developing a clearly defined medium and long-term sales strategy.
- Lead and direct the European Industrial Sales team in the identification, development & sustainability of customer accounts in line with the business strategy, ensuring strategies for such customers optimise profitability in line with the long-term strategy.
- Manage and coordinate the execution of the sales strategy for our Client, in coordination with other the sales team and other key stakeholders.
- Establish challenging objectives to meet growth strategy and target new business within both existing & developing markets, ensuring priorities are appropriately defined, with effective action plans.
- Work closely with Client locations on new customer opportunities liaising to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate the resolution of customer issues, including quality and on-time delivery performance.
- Define, implement, and monitor the Product & Marketing strategy for the product lines within the European territory to ensure appropriate pricing to accelerate business growth, and the identification of new product and market opportunities.
- Review and manage contract requirements to ensure they are within limits of established policies and procedures, including commercial and intellectual property requirements.
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations as required. Coordinate commercial, technical and market details for product and marketing literature and trade show displays and communications, as needed.
- Conduct leadership responsibilities, including recruitment, talent management, performance reviews, and other people management requirements in a timely and professional manner.
- Identify key skills of team members to enable them to perform effectively and efficiently, in line with business needs and strategies, and develop the team's skill base and knowledge.
- Ensure that all reporting requirements are completed in an accurate & timely manner, with a focus on streamlining processes.
- Actively promote & adhere to all EHS policies & procedures, both internally and externally during travel and customer visits.
- Conduct all activities in accordance with internal Codes of Conduct.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of and commitment to Advanced Business Systems principles and techniques.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Commercial Discipline
Experience & Background.
- Demonstrated leadership success in a technical sales environment.
- Knowledge of the Automotive industry is preferred. However, this role is not purely focused on Automotive applications and therefore other sectors will be considered.
- Working knowledge of financial principles.
- Experience of working within a KPI framework.
- Natural leader with the ability effectively lead, coach and engage with people internally and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional approach with the ability to network and develop effective working relationships.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Can do attitude, with a determined and positive outlook.
- Calm and methodical, with the ability to make decisions.
- Excellent negotiator.
- Logical approach to analysing and resolving problems.
- Approachable but assertive
- Able to think laterally and is open to new ideas and change
- Strong strategic planning and organizational abilities
- IT Literate - MS Office
- This role is to be ideally based in the UK, but consideration may be made for Germany or France. Significant amount of international travel will be required.
- Fluency in English is essential; French, or German language skills desirable
- A home based position may be considered
If you feel you have the qualified EMEA experience working at a senior sales management level, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (email@example.com)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.