Sales Manager - North America
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales Manager with an established British based engineering company for North America for their Elevator and Energy Absorption division. Reporting to the Global Business Development Director, the Sales Manager is expected to develop and maximise the business levels to existing and identified customers, identify and develop new customer opportunities with Major OEM's, SME's and Distributors throughout the United States.
Location: Home based in the United States
- Manage and develop all existing customers across The Region
- Identify, target and win new customer business in The Region, especially major OEM accounts in line with Group global strategy.
- Identify, appoint and develop partner Distributors across key regions within North America
- Work to existing product pricing structures as well as evolving these structures within Group strategy guidelines, to maximise business potential at existing and new customers
- Negotiate Commercial terms on an annual basis
- Make Commercial and technical sales presentations
- Conduct regular travel for customer visits throughout The Region, typically 30% of the time
- Generate and periodically update Sales Forecasts
- Report on monthly activity to the Global Business Development Director
- Fully utilise and maintain the company CRM system Salesforce
- Provide input to company new product development to ensure the company remains the premier global OEM in energy absorption buffers
Qualifications Skills and Experience
- Experienced in an industrial/manufacturing sales or commercial role.
- Ideally experience of selling within the Elevator or Energy Absorption arenas.
- Demonstrable success in realising business development.
- International travel & sales experience would be advantageous.
- Must be willing to travel across the United States of America
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong account management and relationship building skills
- Experience of managing large accounts.
- Ideally some technical competence, especially Mechanics/Hydraulics.
- Computer literate, including competency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a CRM system.
- Experience with an MRP system is an advantage
- Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
- Pension scheme.
- Health Insurance
- Car Allowance.
- Commission Structure
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.