Coventry, West Midlands
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + excellent bonuses and benefits
about 1 year ago
Job Title: Transport Sales Executive
Employment type: Either permanent or contract basis
A Sales Executive is required to join a leading automotive organisation in Coventry. This will be to sell the complete range of the transport portfolio and deliver the "Total Solutions" approach to drive the complete range of services, maintenance, and financial products offered.
- To sell new products to exceed the levels detailed in the annual sales
plan for your allocated territory.
- To sell the complete range of products and services in line with the Total
Solutions Strategy, in addition to the sale of new portfolio.
- To actively prospect for new business, both with existing and new customers.
- To maintain relationships with existing customers.
- To be able to work effectively with the customer management system and maintain regular updates of data.
- To provide accurate financially sound quotations to customers, taking into consideration their requirements.
- To liaise with all areas of the business to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
is achieved and exceeded.
- To meet with your key internal contacts for regular business review meetings to
formulate territory plan and exchange relevant information.
- Contribute to the region's requirement to manage cost and credit control to maximise the opportunity to grow profit.
- To attend and support customer events as and when required, this may include events outside of normal working hours as and when the business requires in order to maximise any opportunities which could lead to profitable growth within the business.
- To maintain regular contact and working relationships with Aftermarket and Sales Directors, Managers, Representatives of the Market Company, Statutory, Legislative and Industry Bodies, Retail and Trade Customers, Fleet and Business Operators and Suppliers.
- To actively participate in the Commercial Crew meetings.
- Ensure that conduct and appearance is in a business-like manner and in keeping with the company image.
- Work in accordance with UK standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care.
Key Skills / Competencies:
- Energy and passion - demonstrating the determination to be a part of the solution and make a difference, striving to improve performance.
- Driving change - demonstrating agility and flexibility to new commercial, regulatory and technological challenges, enhancing our ability to manage steep upturns and downturns within the market place.
- Work to a high standard of integrity - ensuring that the Volvo values, policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Customer Focus - Dedicated to building and maintaining effective customer relationships, internal and external.
- Negotiation - The ability to gain the trust of other parties, to negotiate skilfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups without damaging relationships, having a good sense of timing.
- Time Management - Ability to utilise time effectively and efficiently, through focusing on the more important priority tasks.
- Business acumen - Is aware of the competition, understanding how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Problem solving - Ability to use logical methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probing all fruitful sources for answers.
- Organisational agility - Having an understanding of the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures and having the ability to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network.
- Drive for results - being self-motivated, challenging oneself whilst continually striving to exceed targets and expectations.
- Presentation skills - Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings, both inside and outside the organisation, commanding attention and having the ability to change tactics midstream when something isn't working.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Sales Executive to work at a prestigious organisation with excellent potential for sales-based bonuses. The role also comes with a generous benefits package.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.