- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Sales and business development
- Contact: Matthew Heath
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446187
- Expiry Date: 02 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60081
Sales Engineer(s) - Machine Tools - North and South UK
Our client is a global manufacturer of capital machine tool equipment and with continued growth in their UK and European markets, they are seeking Sales Engineers to support their northern and southern UK territory growth.
Working alongside an existing and established sales organisation, these positions are to further develop existing relationships and identify new machine tool business sales within their market areas. You will be responsible for selling a market leading portfolio of CNC machines across a defined geography, maximising the significant potential of their brand in the market.
As a Sales Engineer and reporting to the General Sales Manager, you will do this by:
- Developing business relationships through a sales engineering activity focussing on people who use and purchase CNC Machine Tools. Typically, you are selling a value proposition and it is important to sell the right proposition to the right person in the account. Target market sectors include aerospace, automotive, medical, oil & gas and sub-contract
- As well as identifying new customers through 'cold calling' activities, you will also complete account management and business development activities targeting and developing end users
- Typically completing 3-5 calls per day across a diverse range of applications and sectors, including following up with clients who have not purchased in years
- Having a solution sales approach and working closely with the marketing teams on new lead generation and account development
- Completing technical presentations to customers; preparing documentation for order processing; update the CRM; ensure the correct documentation is in place and internally agreed
In addition, you will be required to:
- Define the correct manufacturing and machine solution to meet the customer's demands - this will include proposing machine specifications along with associated costs
- Apply correct resource to deliver the correct solution against applications and service
- Assist with customers justification along with return on investment
- At board level, negotiate and enter contractual agreements as well as set payment terms ensuring payment milestones are met
To support this role, the successful candidate will have a suitable mechanical engineering qualification and have previous field sales experience working with engineering products/a proven track record within the metal cutting/relating industries. Strong written and oral communication skills are essential as is the ability to think innovatively while also having the capacity for detail and planning. You will be pragmatic & credible who will portray a positive image of the company and products to customers.
Note, if you are successful, you will be provided with a full training programme and continuous development. These are outstanding positions with a competitive salary, commission, hybrid car and other benefits.
This is a focused role working with a world class and highly regarded brand. If you feel you have the interest and experience to support this role, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.