Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Up to £40000.00 per annum + Car + Bonus
about 2 years ago
Job Title: Sales Engineer (Process Engineering)
Location: North East Region & Borders
Salary: £40k p/a + Vehicle + Bonuses
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Sales Engineer to work for our client within the thermal energy sector, the role will be working in the North East Region which would cover Lincolnshire, Yorkshire, Humberside and Scottish Borders.
The successful candidate should be able to:
- Identify and qualify sales leads.
- Manage schedules, arrange site meetings and maximize effective use of time.
- Produce realistic sales forecasts.
- Effectively manage live enquiries up to order placement.
- Clearly communicate customer expectations to the project and applications team.
- Calculate basic heat loads.
- Understand fuel consumption data and heating efficiency.
- Understand basic Health and Safety requirements in an industrial setting.
- Effective priority skills are essential.
- The role will be reporting to the Technical Sales Manager and will be responsible for sales to end users, contractors and consultants for the Company's range of Steam Generators, Fire tube Steam Boilers, high temperature Thermal Fluid Heaters, Thermal oxidizers and Process Air Heaters.
- The customer base is broad and includes the food, chemical, oil and gas, metal, pharmaceutical and marine industries plus important Public-Sector opportunities.
- This is an engineering sales role that will require you to develop detailed specifications and projects to sell to new and existing users, thereby extending the current range of applications.
- The bulk of the sales leads are generated through our client's head office and the web and you will be required to follow up enquiries and qualify them.
- Current our client is growing their customer base and the role will be required to find and develop new sales opportunities, these sales targets will be set by the Technical Sales Manager who work with you as part of a team to monitor your success to meet objectives through training and personal development as you become familiar with the broad range of products and services.
- A mechanical or chemical engineer with a proven track record in industrial sales within a steam, process or other thermal engineering related environment is seen as ideal.
- Candidates qualified to Graduate/HNC level with clear potential would also find the job challenging and interesting.
- Key skill requirements are a basic knowledge of P&ID's and process heating applications.
- Knowledge of the area to be covered is preferred with the Candidate being located around the A1(M) / M62 corridor.
- Remuneration is in the form of a good basic salary of circa £40,000 plus commission and bonuses bringing on target earnings of £50,000 and more.
- A quality car, contributory pension scheme and all necessary business communication devices are provided to ensure best use of resources.
- This is a tough, demanding and rewarding job with a high degree of autonomy, which will allow the successful candidate to develop within a large industrial group.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.