Junior Sales Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Bi-lingual French and English speaking Junior Sales Engineer, to join a major European Railway company that is experiencing great sales growth and has created this new role to assist the team to grow their UK market. The role will be centred around London initially, but once integrated into the team you would travel to meet clients within the UK, as well as occasionally visiting suppliers and the Head Office in France.
This is a great opportunity to get involved in Sales and Engineering in the Rail Industry. The Junior Sales Engineer will act as an intermediary between UK clients, head office in France and other French sub-contractors, therefore it is essential that French is written and spoken to a high level of fluency. Initially involved with quotes and proposals, will eventually be involved in sales related engineering research projects and detailed technical issues.
The Junior Sales Engineer will: -
- Write quotes and proposals in English
- Write requests for quotes to sub-contractors in French.
- Carry out Market Research in the UK and Ireland about Railway and Rail Rolling Stock to support the sales team.
- Produce accurate and detailed documentation - both in English and French.
- Visit Client in the UK with occasional trips to France
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required.
- Fluent in both English and French (written and Oral) - Essential
- Degree in an Engineering or related subject
- Ideally have some knowledge or interest of the railway industry in the UK, preferably on rolling stock side.
- Previously experienced in producing detailed commercial or technical reports or documentation.
- Good interpersonal skills as dealing with clients and suppliers.
- Salary negotiable dependent upon experience
- 25 days holiday per year plus 8 days statutory
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV and contact details to Philip Delaloye at or for more details call 01384446192.