Sales Engineer - Rolling Stock - London
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales Engineer - Rolling Stock, to join a major European Railway company that is experiencing great sales growth and has created this new role to assist the team with that growth with a view to the future. The Sales Engineer will be working with Train Builders, Train Operating Companies, Metro's, Rolling Stock Maintainers and Refurbishing companies. Based in London, but dealing with clients within the UK, as well as occasionally visiting suppliers and the Head Office in France.
This is a great opportunity to get involved in Sales and Engineering in the Rail Industry. The Sales Engineer will act as an intermediary between UK clients, head office in France and other French sub-contractors. Initially involved with quotes and proposals, will eventually be involved in sales related engineering research projects and detailed technical issues.
The Sales Engineer will: -
- Write quotes and proposals in response to Client requirements.
- Visit Clients in the UK with occasional trips to France.
- Progress and project manage delivery of product to clients in time and in full.
- Handle commercial aspects of the sales and project.
- Carry out Engineering research projects and on Rolling Stock and handle technical issues.
- Carry out Market Research in the UK and Ireland about Railway and Rail Rolling Stock companies to support the sales team.
- Produce accurate and detailed documentation - both in English and French.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required.
- Have an Engineering qualification or appropriate experience.
- Experienced in Rolling Stock within the railway industry.
- Previously experienced in producing detailed commercial or technical reports or documentation.
- Good interpersonal skills as dealing with clients and suppliers.
- Able to speak and write French essential.
- Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
- 25 days holiday per year plus 8 days statutory
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance x3 salary
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV and contact details to Philip Delaloye at or for more details call 01384446192.