Automotive Test Equipment
The purpose of the role is to discover sales leads for the business and turn them into profitable orders. Provide support for the sales team and represent technically and commercially the product portfolio and company brand.
The main duties of the Sales Engineer role:
- To develop, maintain and use the company database of contacts required to gain market intelligence and sales leads.
- To develop and maintain your expertise in the company work costing and quotation process.
- To actively pursue sales leads and to report and coordinate with the sales management team as required.
- To create quotations and negotiate contracts in compliance with your authority level or under direction as required.
- To develop and maintain regular harmonious relations with the company's potential, past and present customers.
- To work proactively in the improvement of products and processes of the company specifically to suggest methods by which the sales, negotiation and marketing teams can be more effective.
Skills and experience required for the Sales Engineer role:
- Demonstrated experience working in a Sales Engineering role.
- The ideal candidate would have initially worked in an Application or Engineering role and developed into Technical Sales.
- Strong sales experience within the automotive industry.
- A demonstrated costing and quotation process background.
- A high level of negotiating, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- A skilled user of Microsoft Office products and SalesForce software is desired.
- Suitably qualified in Engineering to at least HND/HNC level.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary expectations. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission with further details. However, should you wish to discuss your application in the meantime, please contact Justin Wainwright on 01268 889267 or 07711 156281