Sales Manager - North America
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales Manager with an established British based engineering company for North America. Reporting to the Global Business Development Manager, the Sales Manager is expected to identify and develop new customers and opportunities for their range of Rail and Industrial buffers and other associated Engineered products. All opportunities will need to be Project Managed from initiation to completion, supported by Engineering and Commercial Centres around the world. Primary market sectors include Rail (train builders, coupler manufacturers, Consultants/Designers etc) as well as Cranes used at Ports, Warehouses, Mining and Marine.
Location: Home based in the United States
- Identify prospective customers within all target Rail and Industrial sectors, then communicate-with and visit them to seek out distinct pipeline opportunities
- Submit Project Approval Requests for all identified opportunities so that structured Project Plans can be prepared, with identified time-lines for various actions.
- Maintain the company CRM System with all Sales Activity Reports, along with Competitor Data, Pricing Information, Monthly Reports and Customer Contact Details etc
- Travel to visit customers to develop opportunities within The Region
- Work with established partner Distributors in all Rail and Industrial sectors, assisting them in the development of opportunities
Qualifications Skills and Experience
- Likely to be proven in the successful identification and Commercial development of Project opportunities with Engineered products within the Rail and/or Industrial sectors.
- Familiar and comfortable with performing Key Account and Business Development functions, as well as working in a Support role with Distributors and/or Contractors.
- Had exposure of using a CRM System
- Likely to have business-travelled within the region
- A good understanding of either the Rail and/or Crane markets would be beneficial
- Has worked with multi-functional customer departments especially Engineering, Purchasing Finance and Quality.
- Relationship building skills
- A desire to achieve business development
- An appreciation of Engineering principles, along with the capacity to learn about Engineered products, especially Mechanics & Hydraulics
- Self-motivated, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
- Pension scheme.
- Health Insurance
- Car Allowance.
- Commission Structure
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.