- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Field Service & Engineering
- Contact: Andy Leake
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446104
- Expiry Date: 23 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60240
Job title: Sales Engineer
Department: Business Development
Looking for a dynamic, high-profile Sales Engineer to support company growth and customer engagement, our client is a global leader in the development of cutting-edge technology and integrated solutions to improve warehouse logistics. Developing made-to-measure systems, through sustainable practice, for customers all over the world, the company has a vision to become the byword for logistics.
Reporting to the Business Development Director, you will work closely with the client's existing and potential customers. You will carry out analysis and interpretation of customers' requirements, converting this analysis into concept drawings and produce technical documentation, pricing, etc. to support the concept. You will engage with colleagues, peers, and customers as necessary to establish and prove the concept.
To work alongside the Business Development Managers:
- - Validating Customer's requirements
- - Ensuring projects are suitable for the business.
- - Suppling feedback behind the reasons for accepting/declining projects
To work with Business Development locally and globally
- - Analysing and interpreting data
- - Conceptualising solutions
- - Producing both 2D and 3D drawings of concepts
To manage tender process of 3rd party equipment:
- - Issuing drawings, specifications, and programs to preferred suppliers
- - Co-ordinating 3rd party questions, meetings, site visits, etc
- - Providing summary of costs, program, specification
To participate in the production and presentation of:
- - Tender documentation and budget pricing
- - Customer presentations and workshops
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- - HNC (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering
- - Formal CAD qualification or minimum 3 years CAD operator experience
- - Membership of relevant institute of engineering or logistics
- - Must have experience and knowledge of automation equipment including logistical (or process) layout of integrated solutions and access to and maintenance of such equipment.
- - Confident communicator with excellent presentation skills
- - Computer literate, confident using all Microsoft Packages
- - Ability to work autonomously and manage workload
- - Effective decision maker and excellent team player
Important behaviours to have in line with our company values.
- - Appreciation - Recognises the achievement of others
- - Creativity - Is resourceful and innovative
- - Courage - Willing to learn and try new things
- - Openness - Always approachable and helpful
- - Reliability - Consistently gives their best
Offering a competitive salary this is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative company. If you believe you have the required skillset, then please apply now or contact Andy Leake ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) if you have any questions.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.