Job Title: Sales Development Executive
Location: Darlaston, West Midlands
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000 p/a + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Sales Development Executive to work at our client's site in Darlaston. The role will require the successful candidate to carry out all aspects of sales, business development and customer service, and responsible for generating new business sales into existing and new accounts, both in speciality and general applications.
The role has the opportunity to progress to Field and General Management and would require someone with the ability to demonstrate strong commercial and sales acumen and the ability to drive new business with prospects and existing customers.
- Taking an entrepreneurial approach to the position, you will be selling into a range of sectors, developing a full prospects pipeline and dealing with ground- level decision makers.
- Working closely alongside the Business Manager (who is retiring in 2020), you will support the business plan as you get involved in every facet of Sales and Marketing, from customer retention to new business pricing and marketing packages.
- You will be able to demonstrate that you are self-motivated, professional and able to work alone in an environment where good service and loyalty define what sets the products apart from the competition.
- The main focus of the role is winning new business which involves cold calling and sourcing new leads, as well as satisfying existing customer relationships.
- This requires researching sources for developing prospective customers in target markets and making telephone calls, site visits (with pool car when 'up to speed') and product presentations to small groups of 'influencers'. It also entails keeping abreast of market conditions, competitive activities, advertising etc. and participating in trade shows.
- Product and CRM training is provided.
- Understand products & service features and benefits to offer the right solution
- Access leads & prospects at the right 'influencer' and decision maker' levels
- Consultative style with a natural customer focus and relationship building skills
- Gravitas to develop relationships with key prospects and customers
- Manage personal time investment in creating and following leads
- Report and record activity using CRM system (training provided)
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.