- Sector: Energy
- Function: Sales and business development
- Contact: Lee Elwell
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446154
- Expiry Date: 01 November 2021
- Job Ref: 57140
Job Title: Technical Sales / Sales Application Engineer
Salary: £Negotiable dependent on experience
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Sales Application Engineer to work for our client at their facility in Devon, the role is an exciting new opportunity working within their Sales, Marketing and Projects Department reporting to the Applications Group Lead Engineer.
The role will be heavily involved in developing projects and sell equipment together with long term maintenance contracts, whilst also providing technical and commercial support to customers and internal teams.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supplying Clients or Agents with technical and commercial details of the Company’s product and services.
- Initial project evaluation and appraisal with relevant Sales Team personnel of potential projects to determine the suitability of the product being offered. This will result in the selection of a particular product line and the required sales strategy.
- Preparation of commercial and technical documentation required for budgets/quotations.
- Management of project costing including the preparation of costs associated with a quotation. This may involve liaison with sub-suppliers to provide project specific costs and/or the selection of standard equipment from sub-supplier data. Compiling project specifics such as cash flow forecasts.
- Direct liaison with clients in response to questions and queries raised relating to quotations. This may involve attending evaluation meetings at Client’s premises or costing alternative solutions and changes in specification and scope of supply.
- Responsible for the identification and management of project risks and their presentation, discussion and resolution at Risk Review meetings with assistance from Sales Team personnel as appropriate.
- Visiting customer sites to review individual projects requirements including installation access and layouts.
- Preparation of contracts including reviewing client’s legal and commercial requirements.
- On a successful outcome of the quotation procedure and the acceptance of the client’s purchase order, compile all relevant documentation for handover of the project to the Projects Department, including attending the handover meeting where you will be required to provide an overview of the project history and equipment sold.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- HNC/HND or Degree in Engineering
- Electrical/mechanical background
- Experience in rotating machinery or the power generation industry
- Proficient IT skills - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Interpersonal skills – ability to represent the Company at all levels
- Ability to travel overseas (occasionally at short notice)
- Ability to prioritise work
- Flexibility to work beyond contracted hours
- Ability to liaise with 3rd party suppliers and subcontractors
- Commercial awareness
- Full driving licence valid in the UK and Passport valid for travel
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Second European language
- Proficient in the use of Autocad
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Pension scheme
- BUPA health cover
- Death in Service benefit
- Secure parking
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.