Competitive Salary and Benefits
Sales and Business Development Executive - Helicopter
We are seeking a Sales and Business Development Executive to be based in Devon (UK), reporting to the General Manager, who will lead the UK-based Sales team to develop business both in the UK and globally for a range of helicopter rotor track and balance and vibration analysis systems.
As an experienced sales professional with a proven pedigree in the aerospace industry and following a period of significant investment in product development, the Sales and Business Development Executive will be well positioned to lead the commercial exploitation of a class-leading product offering into both the military and civil rotary-wing aerospace sectors.
With frequent travel in the UK and internationally, the role has the following key responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility for sales performance of our Clients’ products in the UK market – maximizing sales revenues from existing and new customer accounts
- Direct responsibility for relationship development with rotary-wing OEMs, both in the UK and Overseas
- Direct responsibility for developing our Clients’ position in the civil rotary-wing environment, particularly into civil MROs, extending our Clients’ historic market reach beyond military end-user operators
- Direct responsibility for Key Account Management with UK MOD with respect to long-standing availability contracts for in-service equipment
- Direct responsibility for Key Account Management of overseas distributors and partners
- Direct responsibility for International Business Development in defined territories and markets
- Direct responsibility for the identification of new business opportunities and applications for the business’ aerospace vibration monitoring technologies
- Direct responsibility in the formation of bids and proposal for new business
- Participation in product development roadmap definition with other group Sales Managers (Germany/Italy/France/US) and Engineering Product Managers
- Co-ordination and planning, with other group Sales Managers, of Marketing Communication, including relevant tradeshows and web based activities
Essential experience should include:
- Demonstrable ability to define and deliver an annual sales plan, meeting fiscal sales targets
- Demonstrable ability to define internal business plans to justify product development activities, ensuring product competitiveness objectives are met with appropriate ROI
- Demonstrable ability to effectively manage multiple customer accounts effectively with little direction, while remaining focused upon closure of opportunities
- Proven relationship development within the aerospace sector – addressing the needs of both military and civil OEMs, MROs, and Operators
- Proven leadership experience in forming and refining product development agendas, taking inputs from multiple stakeholders and balancing functional user requirements with business investment metrics
- Proven ability to develop and execute a sales and marketing plan and build an effective customer value proposition, including segmentation analysis, stakeholder analysis, critical success factors, value mapping, competitor analysis etc.
- Ability to learn quickly and to be comfortable to deliver effective and compelling product demonstrations, including in environments where English is not the first language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels both inside and outside of the organisation
- Direct experience of helicopter Rotor Track and Balance (RT&B) operations
- Direct experience in operating / managing helicopter Health and Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS) or Vibration Health Management (VHM) systems
- Firm understanding of aerospace compliance processes EASA pt. 21J/G, EASA pt.145
Suitable candidates must be eligible for UK security clearances.
Should you be interested and have the technical, commercial and sector awareness then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (email@example.com).
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.