Junior Sales & BD Manager - Aerospace and Defence
Gloucestershire Area – Permanent - Attractive
A Junior Sales & BD Manager is required to join the Team within a market leading Innovative Technology Company that specialise Communication Systems for Military and Government Organisations. The successful Junior Sales & BD Manager will be reporting to the Head of Sales and will assist in creating and delivering the sales strategy for assigned accounts.
The Junior Sales & BD Manager will be assist with delivering the Annual Order Intake targets and will be assist with producing annual forecast and the annual Account Plan for each account. Additionally, the Junior Sales & BD Manager will be responsible for maintaining the reputation and profile of the company in our chosen markets.
Responsibilities and Experience Required of the Junior Sales & BD Manager
- Assist to develop robust sales strategies, tactics and capture plans
- Assist to prepare the necessary material for the bids and proposals process
- Assist to deliver the order intake and gross margin for each assigned account
- Update the CRM (weekly) for all prospects within the assigned accounts
- Develop and maintain an accurate monthly funnel and forecast
- Assist to process new bids as per Bids and Proposals Process
- Provide Sales input and direction to company S&OP process
- Must be able to negotiate and operate effectively in both domestic and export markets
- Conduct regular visits with all assigned customers
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers
- Demonstrated ability to engage successfully up to VP level
- Demonstrate excellent negotiation, presentation, organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Enforce and oversee the Capture Plan policy for key opportunities
- Be able to identify and capture new prospects and accounts
- Assist Product Line Manager in identifying future products
- Recommending standard prices and launch new products
- Accurately capture the customer's requirements
- Setting time-lines for development of solutions and assist with contract negotiation
- Liaising between customer and Engineering on alternative proposals
- Assist to support the development and maintenance of the Multi-Year Business plan
Requirements of the Junior Sales & BD Manager
- Have excellent communication and 'people skill's
- Must have previous experience as a Sales Manager
- An ethical and moral attitude to selling
- Exhibit exceptional planning, presentation and organisational skills
- Act as an ambassador and role model for the company
- Must have worked in IT, communications, security, or cyber environments
- Experience in selling system solutions
- Must be prepared to travel oversees
- Have or be able to gain DV clearance
- Holds a full UK driving license
- UK & International travel will be required
Security and DV Clearance will be required due to the nature of the Products involved.
If you are interested in this Junior Sales & BD Manager position, then please apply directly or send a suitable MS Word Format CV directly to my Email at email@example.com. Alternatively, if you wish to discuss then please contact Peter Heap on my direct line 01384 446102.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.