Sales & BD Manager - Aerospace and Defence
Gloucestershire Area – Permanent - Attractive
A Sales & BD Manager is required to join the Team within a market leading Innovative Technology Company that specialise Communication Systems for Military and Government Organisations. The successful Sales & BD Manager will be reporting to the Head of Sales and is responsible for creating and delivering the sales strategy for assigned accounts.
The Sales & BD Manager will be delivering the Annual Order Intake targets and will be responsible for producing annual forecast and the annual Account Plan for each account. Additionally, the Sales & BD Manager will be responsible for maintaining the reputation and profile of the company in our chosen markets.
Responsibilities and Experience Required of the Sales & BD Manager
- Develop robust sales strategies, tactics and capture plans
- Prepare the necessary material for the bids and proposals process
- Deliver the order intake and gross margin for each assigned account
- Update the CRM (weekly) for all prospects within the assigned accounts
- Develop and maintain an accurate monthly funnel and forecast
- Process new bids as per Bids and Proposals Process
- Provide Sales input and direction to company S&OP process
- Must be able to negotiate and operate effectively in both domestic and export markets
- Conduct regular visits with all assigned customers
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers
- Demonstrated ability to engage successfully up to VP level
- Demonstrate excellent negotiation, presentation, organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Enforce and oversee the Capture Plan policy for key opportunities
- Be able to identify and capture new prospects and accounts
- Assist Product Line Manager in identifying future products
- Recommending standard prices and launch new products
- Accurately capture the customers’ requirements
- Setting timelines for development of solutions and assist with contract negotiation
- Liaising between customer and Engineering on alternative proposals
- Support the development and maintenance of the Multi-Year Business plan
Requirements of the Sales & BD Manager
- Have excellent communication and 'people skills’
- Must have previous experience as a Sales Manager
- An ethical and moral attitude to selling
- Exhibit exceptional planning, presentation and organisational skills
- Act as an ambassador and role model for the company
- Must have worked in IT, communications, security, or cyber environments
- Experience in selling system solutions
- Must be prepared to travel oversees
- Have or be able to gain DV clearance
- Holds a full UK driving license
- UK & International travel will be required
Security and DV Clearance will be required due to the nature of the Products involved.
If you are interested in this Sales & BD Manager position, then please apply directly or send a suitable MS Word Format CV directly to my Email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you wish to discuss then please contact Peter Heap on my direct line 01384 446102.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.