Competitive Salary and Package
about 2 months ago
Sales and Account Manager - Bioprocess (UK and Europe)
To sell Bioprocess products in UK and Northern Europe on behalf of our UK based Client who develops and manufactures innovative scientific instruments and software designed to optimize the efficiency, safety, and productivity of key processes in chemistry and biology applications, working with businesses and laboratories globally.
This role is to ensure best fit of the product or solution to client needs. Thereby, strengthening the Company's relationships with scientists and encouraging them to view our Client as the preferred supplier of solutions for their work resulting in increased sales of products.
The position of Sales and Account Manager is to develop, co-ordinate and implement targeted sales, marketing, and field activities in the territory to actively drive the business forward to exceed the budget objectives. This role can be home based.
- Develop new sales relationships as well as maximise return from key accounts.
- Actively, develop, organise, and run demonstrations, seminars, mini exhibitions and similar "on-site" activities at key accounts, technology symposia and congresses in the territories.
- Actively follow up enquiries from Customers for further information on how the products can help them in their research.
- Through the effective use of consultative sales & marketing techniques, actively convert leads to prospects through to purchases of products.
- Ensure accurate qualification of the decision makers and what the purchase processes are for each potential system sale, to be used in effectively closing sales opportunities.
- Gather Customer and technical information to aid the effective targeting of marketing activities and product pricing.
- Track, record, and document relevant information from all technical and sales enquiries from Customers and prospective Customers into the Customer database to ensure effective follow up of Customers pre & post sale.
- Responsible for the quality of the information in the Customer databases for the territory.
- Follow up on installations of products in Customers' labs to ensure high level of satisfaction.
- Monitor the competition and reporting important activities (products & technical developments, trends in the market, seminars, training sessions etc).
- Actively participate in the development of the Company sales and marketing plan.
- Ensure the customisation of the Company marketing activities to be effective in the territory.
- Efficiently plan and manage an expense cost budget.
- Learn and implement new marketing & sales methods of qualifying scientists' situations, identifying their problems, uncovering their needs, and suggesting effective working solutions based on Company products.
- Receive relevant technical training and provide technical and commercial information on new products and related applications to clients
- Work together with other Company personnel to ensure high quality, effective technical support to Customers and prospective Customers in the territory through thorough knowledge of Company products and effective communication of applications related to these products.
- Travel in UK & Northern Europe up to 80% of time.
- Participate in relevant training courses
- Positively contribute to the successful development of the European sales team.
- Provide regular activity plans.
- Providing regular reports on Customer calls and sales activities.
- Contribute to the effectiveness and positive team spirit of the sales & marketing team and the Company.
- Cooperate and effectively work with other staff to achieve sales and high levels of Customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as required.
Minimum Education and Experience
- BSc. degree in Biotechnology or related discipline.
- Knowledge of bio reactors/fermentation equipment or related bioprocess equipment as used in R&D Laboratories
- Technical competency to understand and clearly discuss relevant applications, to stay current in technical knowledge; to consult with Customers in a helpful, courteous, positive, and professional manner to provide best in class solutions
- Minimum of 2-years sales experience.
- Proven ability of effective written and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate and project themselves.
- Previous experience in giving oral presentations.
- Strong commitment to Customer service and satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at one time.
- Has an approachable manner that encourages interaction with others.
- Highly driven with a strong motivation to succeed.
- Clean Driving Licence valid in UK & Eire
- Fluency in written & spoken English
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- Well organised, able to devise and manage systems for handling Customers/ accounts at all levels including senior level management.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and accommodate unexpected work changes.
- Ability to work effectively both interdepartmentally and internationally
If you feel you have the commercial and technical awareness to support this role, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (email@example.com)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.