Competitive Salary and Package
Sales Account Manager - UK and Ireland - Chemical Automation and Safety Products
To build a strong home market for chemical automation and safety products in the UK and Ireland on behalf of our UK based Client who develops and manufactures innovative scientific instruments and software designed to optimize the efficiency, safety, and productivity of key processes in chemistry and biology applications, working with businesses and laboratories globally. This is an exciting opportunity to join a globally expanding team, with the career progression opportunities that this provides.
The ideal candidate will have a strong, demonstrable track record in selling scientific instruments, with a proven ability to be self-motivated and deliver results.
The nature of the role and support required means that the role requires an ability to travel freely throughout the Territory, as well as potential for travel in Europe.
- Develop, coordinate and implement targeted sales, marketing, and field activities in the territory to actively drive the business forward to exceed the budget objectives.
- Produce accurate monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- Actively, develop, organize and run demonstrations, seminars, mini-exhibitions and similar "on-site" activities at key accounts, technology symposia, and congresses in the assigned territory.
- Actively follow up inquiries from customers for further information on how the company's products can help them in their research.
- Through the effective use of consultative sales & marketing techniques, actively convert leads to prospects through to purchases of company products.
- Ensure accurate qualification of the decision-makers and what the purchase processes are for each potential system sale, to be used in effectively closing sales opportunities.
- Gather customer and technical information to aid the effective targeting of marketing activities and product pricing.
- Track, record, and document relevant information from all technical and sales inquiries from customers and prospective customers into the Company's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database to ensure effective follow-up of customers, pre & post sale.
- Responsible for the quality of the information in the CRM for the territory.
- Follow up installations of products in customers' labs to ensure a high level of satisfaction.
- Monitor the competition and report important activities (products & technical developments, trends in the market, seminars, training sessions etc).
- Actively participate in the development of the Company sales and marketing plan.
- Ensure the customization of marketing activities to be effective in the territory.
- Efficiently plan and manage an expense cost budget.
- Learn and implement new marketing & sales methods of qualifying scientists' situations, identifying their problems, uncovering their needs, and suggesting effective working solutions based on company products.
- Receive relevant technical training and provide technical and commercial information on new products and related applications to clients.
- Work together with other company personnel to ensure high quality, effective technical support to customers and prospective customers in the territory through thorough knowledge of company products and effective communication of applications related to these products.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Degree level education in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of selling to industrial, R&D chemical sector is desirable but individuals with strong scientific and chemical engineering backgrounds with 3+ years of commercial experience will be considered.
- Technical competency to understand and clearly discuss relevant applications, to stay current in technical knowledge; to consult with customers in a helpful, courteous, positive and professional manner to provide best in class solutions.
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience.
- Proven ability of effective written and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate and project themselves.
- Strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at one time.
- Has an approachable manner that encourages interaction with others.
- Highly driven with a strong motivation to succeed.
- Clean Driving Licence.
- Fluency in written & spoken English.
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- Well organised, able to devise and manage systems for handling Customers/ accounts at all levels including senior level management.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and accommodate unexpected work changes.
- Ability to work effectively both interdepartmentally and internationally
If you feel you have the commercial and technical awareness to support this role, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.