£45k per year + Range of very competitive benefits
Job title: Safety Engineering Consultant
Salary Range: Approx 45k + Range of benefits
Location: Can be based at either Bath, Plymouth, Fareham, Glasgow or Weymouth. There is an option for flexible working and working from home. You will also be required to visit clients on site regularly.
The main responsibilities of the role will be as follows:
- To apply UK MOD safety regulation, policy and standards, with experience relevant to UK MOD approaches to submarine safety such as: Defence Safety Authority (DSA) Regulations, Defence Nuclear Safety Regulations, Naval Authority Certification, Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) Safety Policy and Management systems
- The development and management of hazard logs
- To support and facilitate HAZID and hazard review meetings
- To author safety assessment/safety case reports, including providing justification of the ALARP status of the asset
- To maintain currency in the knowledge of statutory safety legislation and how to attain - and manage - regulatory and legislative compliance. In addition to these duties, the post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required, from time to time, to achieve the above role purpose
As a Safety Engineering Consultant you should have the following skills or experience:
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree (or equivalent), from a recognised institute or university
- Be a member of an appropriate professional body, and be proactive in managing their own professional CPD
- Hold professional accreditation, such as IEng or CEng
- Have a solid and demonstrable track record of conducting R&M analyses of complex systems eg. Military Equipment and/or Rail Rolling Stock
- Articulate results of R&M engineering tasks in formal reports (eg. R&M Case Reports) and presentations
- Understand the relationships between R&M and Design, Dependability, Safety, ILS & Asset Management.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience in Defence sector.
This company has one of the best benefits packages on the markets and in return for your commitment, will offer you the following:
- Competitive base salary of up to £45k
- Private Medical Insurance
- Eye test and glasses contribution vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual flu jab voucher
- Flexible working and options to work from home
- 26 days annual leave + public holidays
- Holiday trading options up to 10 days per year
- My benefit discount- online discount portal for shopping
- Wellbeing fund- £250 per year voucher to use towards a hobby or interest that promotes physical or mental wellbeing.
- Very competitive pension scheme along with profession pension advice
- Salary and performance reviews
- + MORE (full brochure sent upon application)
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about this Safety Engineering Consultant role, please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.