£45,900 - £56100
almost 2 years ago
Robotics Engineer – Advanced (42976)
Machine learning / Reinforcement learning in Manipulation
Salary Range: £45,900 - £56,100
Location: South West, Wiltshire
Posted Date: 11.6.19
Expiry Date: 11.7.19
Join our ambitious and rapidly growing research team, at our client`s Global Technology Campus focused on building real robots to go into people’s homes.
Let's face it, there are a lot of cool technologies out there, but true success stories can be hard to find, given the steep learning curves needed to field industry-hardened solutions to real world problems.
Our client seeks an excellent roboticist with experience applying rigorous mathematical tools to dynamic machines. Reporting to the Robotics Research Team Manager, you will be working within a cutting-edge Robotics & Vision systems team developing and delivering bespoke solutions on projects from the design concept, through installation.
Our client seeks applicants who have first-hand experience of robotics and a portfolio of robotics projects. Applicants are not required to have existing experience with locomotion, manipulation or cognition. We seek people with initiative, creativity, and the ability to learn fast, along with a cross-section of skills that will make a contribution to the company. Our job descriptions are intended to be examples of sets of skills that would be useful, rather than narrow definitions.
As a growing team working at the forefront of robotics research, candidates for all job openings are expected to:
- Be good communicators capable of explaining complex concepts clearly and succinctly
- Work in a tightly coupled, cross-functional and multi-cultural team environment
- Work autonomously under limited supervision to achieve big-picture goals
- PhD or highly qualified MS candidate in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field
- Experience in motion planning, manipulation/grasping, and machine learning
- Experience in setting up simulation environment and executing real robot experiments
- Good programming skills in either C++ or Python
- Developing novel algorithms and technology platforms for manipulation including material handling, object picking, in-hand manipulation, collaborative multi-robot manipulation, etc
- Facilitating mechanical, hardware, and software integration of new prototypes and new products including complete mobile robots, manipulators, and vision.
- Implementing kinematics, inverse-kinematics, dynamics, estimation, obstacle avoidance and motion control algorithms for robotic arms
- Working closely with the engineering team to integrate control and motion planning solutions manipulator systems
- Solving complex real-world challenges in creative, effective and efficient ways
- Solving unique problems and work on a small, self-directed team
- Directly influence the vision and objectives for your team's work in alignment with business and market needs
- Deep learning experience implementing state of the art techniques
- Passion for developing cutting-edge research
- Start-up mentality
Please send your CV with salary expectations and notice period to David Powers