Above Industry Standard
about 1 month ago
Job Title: RF/ Microwave Engineer
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Industry: Aerospace & Defence
Salary: Above Industry Standard
Jonathan Lee has engaged with a key client a global leading consultancy and service providers who lead and support award winning businesses across the planet with key and critical projects. Due to winning new business and continuous company growth, my client is looking for new talent within RF/Microwave Engineering for a permanent role. An option for contract may be considered. As the RF/Microwave Engineer, you will be based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Job Description Role Overview:
The RF/Microwave engineer would be part of the customer team designing/ testing RF/ Microwave equipment for multiple applications.
• Support customer design team involved in RF/ Microwave design and development
• Support to manufacture
• Support from requirements capture to design verification
Mandatory Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Practical design experience of some of the following; Microwave PCB materials & design techniques; Microwave Sub-System Design; Knowledge of microwave power amplifier design & technology; Design of complex microwave switch matrix; Application of microwave GaAs/GaN MMIC; Design of complex passive microwave structures; EM 3D and 2D simulation techniques; Non-linear circuit simulation; Microwave component selection
- Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
- Good experience in writing technical documentation
- Familiar with current industry standard CAD tools
- Knowledge of AWR Microwave Office, Keysight ADS, Matlab and CST Microwave Studio
- Strong problem solving skills and experience of solving problems in a design and development context
First or second Degree in Electronic Engineering (BSc, BEng, MEng, MSc, PhD, EngD) or a related science with specialisation in RF/Microwave circuit design and test - ideally including S-parameter manipulation, EM simulation, Non-linear circuit simulation and modelling, Matching network design and Microwave component selection along with expert knowledge in one or more of AWR Microwave office, CST Microwave studio, Agilent ADS, or AWR Visual System Simulator.
UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain SC clearance
Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage
If you are interested in this role please apply now!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.