2 months ago
Proven experience in the Design & Development of discrete and modular VHF/UHF RF circuitry 500 KHz up to 9GHz (PA, PLL, CDMA, and Receiver design) & PCBs for medium volume production. An emphasis on designing for Lithium/Alkaline battery powered devices.
To evaluate competitors' products and prepare draft product specifications for future new products. To provide technical support to the R&D engineers and the project teams as and when necessary, particularly during the project Feasibility & Concept phases, at design reviews and when technical issues occur.
Developing 'white papers' to support R&D feasibility studies and concept development. Developing papers to lead, influence and steer the development of International & National Specification Standards.
Skills and Competencies Requirements
- Proven experience in the Design & Development of discrete and modular VHF/UHF RF circuitry 500 KHz up to 9GHz (PA, PLL, CDMA, and Receiver design) & PCBs for medium volume production. An emphasis on designing for Lithium/Alkaline battery powered devices. Experience of embedded firmware development would be advantageous.
- SMT soldering skills down to 0402
- Competent with Schematic and PCB layout in packages such as Altium and PADS
- Competent with LabView
- Competent in Word, PowerPoint and competent in manipulating data in Excel.
- RF simulation software tools Microwave Office
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience and record of delivering targets within a production environment
- A passion and motivation to continuously improve the production, processes, systems and work practices
- Excellent spoken and written communication in the English language, as well as the ability to raise action points with clarity and confidence in the presence of Senior Management.
- Ability to motivate co-workers and colleagues.
- Operate in a logical and systematic manner and applying sound judgement
- Organisation and efficiency
- Problem solving skills
- Numerical skills Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and calculus.
- Communication skills
- Team working skills
- Reasoning ability define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- A track record of working with Senior Management teams and meeting established deadlines for Production milestones are essential.
- Self-motivated/self-starter with the ability to work across multi-site/multi-cultural teams.
Suitably qualified and experienced RF Design Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Coates at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0) 07947 342 592 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.