Welwyn Garden City
Principal RF & Terminal Consultant
Welwyn Garden City (With travel between client sites acccross the UK)
Salary Circa £70,000 dependent on skills/experience plus a growing list of Company benefits
***IMPORTANT INFORMATION - DUE TO UK SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT, CANDIDATES MUST BE IN THE UK AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION***
Jonathan Lee Recruitment are pleased to be supporting our client, who develop Satellite Modems and secure communications solutions for military and space industriy applications.
Our team is involved in establishing the requirements for UK's next generation of military satellite system and procuring cutting-edge technology and innovation from the military and commercial satellite communications sectors. Our team is helping our customer procure the next generation of military Land and Maritime terminals and managing the integration of these systems on platforms for use in the most challenging of environments.
We are expanding our team and are seeking a RF & Terminal Consultant who will support our clients in the military and governmental sectors, providing technical and procurement advice on the latest terminal offerings from both the military and commercial satcom markets.
The person will have >10 years of experience of designing, developing, procuring and integrating such systems.
The incumbent will be required to provide technical leadership and support on various activities and programmes, particularly with respect to RF systems and hardware developments.
- Technical lead on key programmes.
- Develop and maintain system link designs.
- Undertake top-level design of communications systems.
- Carry out modelling and simulation of communications systems.
- Technical lead and overseeing of system, hardware and software design and development activities
- Oversee design and layout of communications hardware.
- Oversee procurement and sub-contract of design and manufacture of systems and sub-systems.
- Ensure compliance to appropriate standards and regulations.
- Constructively contribute to, and otherwise support, the development of other associated elements and activities.
- Attend, and constructively contribute to, meetings with e2E Satcom's customers and partners (including, but not limited to, the European Space Agency).
- Undertake other appropriate duties as directed by e2E's authorised managers.
Skills, Character and Experience
- Proven ability to work as an integral part of a highly focused team
- Proven ability to take full responsibility for the delivery of critical system requirements and components
- Proven ability to develop innovative and efficient solutions to defined problems
- Proven ability to work within tight timescale and budgetary constraints
- Proven ability to produce clear, concise, and unambiguous documentation conforming to applicable technical and quality standards
- Good customer-facing and communication skills with ability to produce and present clear, concise, and unambiguous presentations to customers and other clients
- Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Electronics, communications). Equivalent qualifications and/or experience may be considered as an alternative.
- Good knowledge of satellite communications systems design
- Experience of ground terminal design, development, and test
- Sound understanding of digital modulation techniques
- Understanding of digital signal processing
- Good understanding of access technologies and signalling protocols
- Experience of RF circuits, RF systems design and test
- Experience of antenna design and propagation
- Detailed understanding of communications link budget analysis and design
- Signal processing knowledge and DSP experience
- Knowledge of FPGA programming
- RF Interference analysis and management
- General systems engineering knowledge and experience
- Satellite payload design, including digital payload and signal processing
- Experience with specialised analysis, simulation, and design tools
- Familiarity with ECSS standards and processes
If you are interested in this role and posess all of the essential listed criteria and would like to know more, please send your CV to email@example.com or apply now!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.