£35k - 40k per year + company benefits
Retrofit Tendering Engineer
£35,000 to £40,000 + benefits
This is an opportunity to join a global business in their head office. This role is to take overall control of the retrofit tendering activities currently under the responsibility of the sales team, thus allowing the salespersons to focus on their own key roles and objectives, in line with the company's overall business plans and strategies for growth of the retrofit business.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Liaise with the retrofit sales team to establish the customer's key requirements.
- Manage associated FEAR & cost preparation responsibilities.
- Obtain factored / sub supplier costs where necessary.
- Prepare technical & commercial proposals.
- Attend clarification meetings with Client when required.
- Ensure that tenders meet company commercial guidelines and have the necessary sign off in accordance with the delegation of authority guidelines.
- Take responsibility for all associated handover documentation in the event of an order.
- Participate in and actively support company initiatives.
- Proactively engage and support company initiatives designed to promote a culture of safe working, environmental protection and continual improvement.
- Ensure your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
- Co-operate with the requirements of the Environmental, Health, Safety, and Energy management systems.
- Co-operate with the company to enable it to discharge its own responsibilities effectively.
- All other duties relevant to the post.
Competencies and experience required
- Good understanding of pump machinery, assembly and manufacturing processes
- Communication & organisational skills.
- Attention to detail
- Technical report writing skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- HNC in mechanical engineering or similar
- Experience of dealing with complex tenders
- Experience of contract negotiation in a commercial environment
- General computing skills
- SAP familiarity
Demand for this role will be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have the required experience in Tendering and you would like to be considered, please apply or contact Justin Wainwright as soon as possible. 01268 889267 email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.