£45k - 50k per year + company benefits
Retrofit Team Leader - Tendering
£Negotiable plus excellent benefits
This is an opportunity to join a global business in their head office. This role is to manage the local retrofit tendering functions in order to meet the objectives of the company's overall business plans and strategies.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Overall responsibility to ensure that customer requirements are satisfied whilst meeting targets
- Overall responsibility to ensure that initiated tenders, orders and invoices meet company requirements in terms of selection, pricing, terms and conditions and lead time in accordance with the compliance regulations, delegation of authority guidelines, export control and IDDA process
- Mentoring, directing, motivating, supervising and monitoring the performance of all members of the allocated team
- Ensure application of policies, procedures, codes of conduct, tools and best practice guidelines
- Proactively engage and support company initiatives designed to promote a culture of safe working, environmental protection and continual improvement.
- Contribute towards preparation of monthly report to communicate local business performance against targets
- Contribute to the establishment of both annual and monthly sales budgets and objectives
- Contribute to Retrofit solutions and tender strategies with Sales and Engineering
- Develop and implement pricing strategy for retrofits
- Contribute to the development of the mid-range plan with responsibility for defined projects
- Overall responsibility to ensure that the sales team are adequately supported and that projects are launched in a timely and professional manner
- Support sales force in the Tender follow-up
- Contribute to the process of assessing new customers
- Participate in customer visits
- Allocation of enquiries and orders to the tendering engineers / order managers ensuring optimum use of resources
- Manage the preparation and execution of Retrofit tenders and orders
Qualifications/Experience and Knowledge Required
- Qualifications in engineering, science or business discipline.
- Relevant experience within related industry
- Financial / budget management
- Experience of dealing with complex tenders
- Experience of contract negotiation in a commercial environment
- Staff management experience
- General computer skills
- SAP familiarity
Demand for this role will be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have the required experience, please contact Justin Wainwright or apply as soon as possible - firstname.lastname@example.org 01268 889267
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.