A Resident Engineer is needed for one of our Tier 1 automotive clients to be the "eyes and ears" at the customer site. Therefore, intercultural skills, good communication, people skills, and willingness to travel locally (UK) are required to be successful.
Key technical customer interface on the design and support to engineering team.
- Support regular meetings and maintain open issues reports and obtain closure to issues.
- Assist with the definition of customer requirements and assure team understand them in line with customer expectations.
- Coordinate/communicate technical issues with customer and provide feedback to internal engineering team.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Support customer change management process for design changes.
Perform systems validation of our products.
- Assist with the resolution of system integration issues.
- Test the product at customer bench and in customer vehicles.
- Write detailed defect reports of any anomalies found to allow effective problem resolution.
- Act as a "first pass filter" to identify duplicate defects.
SW Skills needed.
- Development in C / C++, modeling languages (MATLAB tool chain or similar).
- Experience on microcontroller (Freescale, ST, PIC, NEC).
- Experience on Design tooling (Configuration Management, requirement tools, High Level design tools, electronic lab tooling, embedded software tooling - emulator, debugger, ... - )
- Software Quality Assurance process, experience in the development process and software validation. Automotive SPICE, CMMI.
- Background in automotive, in-vehicle communications, vehicle networking.
To apply to this role you must have:
* Degree in Electronics or Mechanical Engineering.
*Team leading and management skills.
* High level of English.