Resident Engineer - New EV Vehicle Systems - Chassis - Swindon - £ Competitive + Excellent benefits
A Resident Engineer is required for a flourishing company at the forefront of Electric Vehicle automotive design and development. The successful candidate will contribute to the engineering of high performance vehicle chassis systems onsite at a fantastic new customer facility. Your primary responsibility will be to provide first class technical and customer liaison support.
As Resident Engineer - New EV Vehicle Systems you will
- Understand, evaluate and discuss technical issues with the customer;
- Learn new topics and skills, adapt to quick-changing technical issues, provide flexibility of working practices whilst maintaining exceptionally high standards;
- Work to a high degree of day-to-day independence and be able to call upon your previous experience to advise the customer where appropriate;
- Have the ability to work, travel and problem-solve within tight project timescales;
- Support coordination of inter-company and customer-facing project activities;
- Assist customer representatives understand technical and system features and provide additional support or approved documentation as required;
- Liaise with the customer to form or refine technical queries, issues or concerns as required to best serve the customer;
- Plan, prepare, support and conduct customer communications for technical, supply, test or application activities as required;
- You must understand and comply with company and customer confidentiality agreements.
As Resident Engineer - New EV Vehicle Systems you will have
- A degree in either Mechanical, Automotive, Systems, Electronic or Electrical Engineering;
- Proven experience in a similar role within an automotive research and development environment;
- An understanding of modern automotive systems and common automotive practices;
- Knowledge or familiarity with Chassis & Safety processes, componentry and toolchains.
- Previous experience of Electric and Hybrid powertrain systems an advantage;
- Good team communication skills in an international and multicultural environment at all levels of seniority;
- Proficiency with standard office tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.;
- A high-level of motivation and be capable of working in an analytical and methodical manner on concurrent activities.
Suitably qualified and experienced Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter .