- Sector: Electronics & Embedded
- Function: Embedded Systems & Electronics
- Contact: Paul Robson
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446117
- Expiry Date: 10 June 2022
- Job Ref: 59052
Research Manager (Power Electronics) - Wiltshire - £ Highly Competitive DOE
Our client is a high-profile technology and product leader and is now seeking a talented and experienced Research Manager to join an expanding Electronic Systems Research Team. You will be working at the cutting-edge of drive technology, leading the development of innovative and world-leading products for the global market. You will lead a team working to generate new ideas and technologies to enable specific product features, as well as researching into future technologies.
Research Manager (Power Electronics) – You will be required to
- Demonstrate designs are robust and viable for use in product through laboratory testing and driving the team to develop simulations to optimise designs.
- Hardware design review activities (schematic reviews and pre/post PCB layout reviews).
- Ensure electronic requirements and architecture details are documented by the team.
- Managing technical risks in a project through FMEAs.
- Produce and present review packs which typically include concept specifications, requirements and specification documentation, risk registers, FMEAs and design guides when needed.
- Researching into new and emerging technologies through visiting conferences, trade shows, meeting suppliers, reading papers and patents.
- Identify emerging IP and ensure inventions are submitted to the IP team.
- Ensuring the team generates suitable test specifications to ensure product reliability, safety and robustness. This includes the development of test environments including simulation, emulation and hardware/test equipment interactions.
As Research Manager (Power Electroncis) – You will have
- Experience in motor inverter design and motor control, particularly brushless DC motors, servo or stepper motors - as well as experience of power converter design.
- General knowledge of power electronic devices and modules, including silicon based IGBTs, MOSFETs and wide bandgap technologies.
- Understanding of device characteristics and issues with switching behaviour in real circuits, as well as power switch driver design.
- Thermal management approaches for surface mount and through hole devices.
- PCB layout - size/cost minimisation while achieving layouts for inherently good EMC compliance and thermal design.
- Device selection - Interpretation of datasheets and knowledge of design methods to confidently select the optimum device based on design criteria.
- An ability to demonstrate research and innovation skills, as well as being a key contributor to strengthening the culture of innovation within a team and wider department.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.