Research Engineer - Computer Vision/Sensor Fusion/SLAM
Based in London and working for one of the largest global technology companies, we are seeking a Research Engineer (with a minium of 2-years application experience where possible) to take a key role in the research and development of data-driven solutions with emphasis in autonomous vehicles. This will require strong academic background in Computer Science and Machine Learning. In addition to the above activities, they will be operating in the following key areas depending on the needs of the project(s) - Machine/Deep Learning, Big Data, Data Analytics, Software Engineering.
Within this field of research and development, this role requires advanced knowledge of Computer Vision (CV), Visual/Vehicle Odometry (VO), Simultaneous Localisation and Mapping (SLAM) and Sensor Fusion (SF) methodologies. In addition to the above activities, you would be operating in the following key areas depending on the needs of the project(s) - Machine/Deep Learning, Big Data, Data Analytics, Software Engineering.
General Task & Responsibilities
- R&D, system requirement analysis, option and scenario evaluation, high level system design and the development of proofs of solution and value.
- Development of system specifications, system integration, and evaluation of system functions will be conducted in collaboration with Group colleagues at global level.
- The R&D fields are Control, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Internet of Thing, Data and related activities in academia and industries.
- Support Group events and business activities with respect to the above-mentioned fields.
It is recognised that this role has a specific technical requirement. However, the role does provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to expand their expertise within the international Group organisation as well as working in partnership with their customers.
To support this role, the typical minimum qualifications required will include:
- Master's degree from top tier university in Computer Science with emphasis in data science, machine/deep learning or computer vision.
- Strong understanding of data analytics, statistical methods and models, machine/deep learning, computer vision.
- Strong Python, C++, Bash skills.
- Possess an inquisitive mind and a clear passion for technology.
- Flexibility and adaptability, excellent communication skills and ability to work in harmony with co-workers.
Preferred skills include:
- PhD in Deep Learning for Autonomous Vehicles/Robots.
- Industrial experience in productisation of Machine Learning models.
- Further certifications on machine learning and/or computer vision.
If you are interested in this level of activity and with an opportunity to work with a globally recognised brand, please apply or contact Matthew Heath (email@example.com) directly.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.