£24.48 - 24.48 per hour
about 1 month ago
Role - Research Engineer JP00000354
Rate: £24.48/hr PAYE
12 month contract, August start
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Key milestones and program management of UK Led project in Battery Research
- Development and Delivery of new research project proposals & new budget requests
- Support in administration tasks including closing off yearly tasks through generation of report, budget, etc
- Periodic report preparation to Europe & Japan, dependent on topic
- Weekly / Monthly reviews with Senior/ Manager / Director
- Conference attendance and report writing.
To be part of the Newly formed Intelligent Mobility Group
- Carry out research into one or many xEV Power Electronic projects - Battery, Motor, Inverter, controller and associated HV architecture
- Both Practical (hands -on) and Project Management of Programs
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical information to different business units within the Nissan global organisation
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary, multicultural environment.
- Attendance of Conferences and subsequent preparation of reports
- Working with a team and individually to deliver objectives and milestones
- Requirement to travel in UK and Europe for conferences and visits to supplier and academic institutes.
- Potential for travel and assignment to Nissan Japan in the future
- Depending on the candidate qualifications and interests, the scope of work will be broadened to other topics fitting the Team activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
- Chemical Engineering, Chemistry degree preferable
- Experience in electrochemical engineering, electrochemistry, industrial chemistry, materials science (battery materials), or battery modelling (including techno-economic analysis)
- Experience in designing experiments and/or testing of lithium-ion and lithium-metal batteries (lab to commercial scale)
- Understanding of the battery/electrochemical energy storage industry and value chain, including recycling
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. MATLAB, Python, Julia) a plus
- Good communication skills (written and spoken)
- Good presentation skills
- Good computer skills
- Willing to travel (within Europe)
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.