Title: Research and Innovation Engineer
Division: Vehicle Engineering
Contract Position based at: University of Warwick
Rate: - up to £26.69/hr Ltd umbrella
Research and Innovation Engineer required to work as part of a busy team in the hub in advanced research.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Development of Proof-of-Concept technologies with support from key suppliers
- Testing of prototypes and development of methodologies to support improved vehicle efficiency
- Provide technical support on projects when handing over Application Ready projects to mainstream engineering
- Experience in a Materials Research or Materials Engineering role in automotive engineer environment with experience of working with Suppliers, Universities and Research partners
- Proven ability of managing internal and external stakeholders to deliver objectives
- Demonstrable ability to analyse technical and academic papers to influence technical strategy
- Knowledge of materials production processes and typical applications of these to the Automotive environment
- Strong networking skills with ability to resolve key technical issues within a team environment
- Proficient ability to write reports and communicate to technical and non-technical audience
- A passion for inventing things
- Ability to learn quickly and understand complex technical problems
- A working knowledge of product development processes, such as those used at Jaguar Land Rover
- Experience of Technology Creation Development System or equivalent research delivery process
- Experience of University, UK and EU funding applications
- Knowledge of Climate Systems testing Working knowledge of sustainability tools inc. LCA.
- Good level of knowledge on whole vehicle, Interior, Exterior and Chassis systems
- An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- An individual with a customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
- An effective team player, actively develops and supports team members
- An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning
- A resilient and enthusiastic individual who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.