Research and Development Technician
£Competitive plus benefits
Automotive / Motorsport
A Technician is required to undertake research and development projects and activities supporting the Engineering and Production functions.
Our client an award-winning transmission technology specialist based in Thatcham requires a proactive Research and Development Technician to undertake transmission build testing and initial build validation. To conduct experiments, analysis and investigative work as determined by the head of R&D.
The Research and Development Technician's responsibilities will include:
- To assemble and monitor data logging systems including HBM, and PI.
- To collate data and present the findings in the form of reports and graphs.
- To assemble and commission test rigs and test equipment (both mechanically and electrically)
- To document build sequences both assembly and disassembly and communicate findings both orally and in the form of reports
- To assist in training and education of engineering staff.
- To attend reviews as required and ensure R&D issues are represented.
- To provide advice to engineers
- To assist in investigative research and component or assembly failures. To undertake personnel development and attend reviews as required.
- To be part of the personal development process and attend reviews as required
- To observe the Health and Safety rules at all times.
- To follow Company quality Procedures, Standards and Work Instructions
- To carry out any reasonable additional duties as requested by management.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with prior experience working as a technician to work for an award-winning transmission technology specialist. In return for your experience, this Thatcham based transmission technology specialist will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Research and Development Technician and you want to be considered, please apply today.
If you have any questions about the Research and Development Engineer role, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.