Seeking an experienced Research and Development Scientist to work for one of the world's largest snacks companies.
As Research and Development Scientist you will perform physio-chemical analysis and report work in accordance with the quality standards.
The role focuses on the analysis of products using techniques such as texture analysis, rheological testing, particle sizing, solid fat content, moisture analysis, density measurements, differential scanning colorimetry and basic microscopy analysis.
- Practical experience in a range of physio-chemical analysis.
- Scientific understanding and ability to conduct chemical analysis in relevant area under supervision.
- Accountable, honest, hardworking and able to work efficiently in a team.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet customer/business requirements.
- Meticulous attention to detail and an ability to follow written instructions.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and quick to learn.
- Able to organise own work to maximise output.
- Well organized and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently.
- Computer literate in standard MS office applications.
- Experienced in a range of physio-chemical analysis according to quality standards in a lab environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Very organised with a high level of attention to detail and an ability to follow written instructions.
Experience & Education Required:
- Educated to Degree in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
- Good understanding of basic/specific lab equipment.
This is a 3 month contract position offering an hourly rate of up to £14.80 PAYE based in Bourneville, Birmingham.
It is imperative that applicants demonstrate and prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.