Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000 - £60000.00 per annum
about 2 years ago
Urgent Vacancy - Research and Development Facilities Project Manager
Job title: Office Manager/Operation Manager
Department: Innovation Management Department
Hours of work: 8:30 - 17:00 Mon -Thurs and 08:30 -16:30 on a Fri (1 hr unpaid lunch Mon-Fri)
Contract: Fix term contract (2 years)
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 per annum
Reporting to the TEIC Director, you will perform a crucial role in the smooth running of the day-to-day operations of the business.
You will be a dynamic and experienced operations or facilities project manager with at least 5 years' experience in running new implementation projects from start to finish.
Experienced in management of health and safety, staffing and budget in a laboratory or electronics setting, who has overall responsibility for leading and overseeing the implementation and creation of a new Research and Development facility in Birmingham for design of Electric Power units for use on Electric Vehicles.
A key function of the post will be to plan and execute the movement of existing laboratories, equipment, staff and work programmes from Lincoln to Birmingham and as such will require a flexible approach work locations during the creation and implementation through to commissioning of the plan.
You will be extremely organised with excellent interpersonal skills the ability to negotiate at all levels. You will be implementing new processes and problem solving whilst you work closely with the senior management team to monitor Company activity. The Administrative team currently consists of a HR Advisor and Finance Assistant who you will manage.
- Collaboratively plan and execute a geographical move from Lincoln to Birmingham of equipment, administrative processes and up to 100 people in a technical research an development facility.
- External supplier management
- Project management against deliverables
- Leading the HR, Finance, QA functions to deliver effective support in line with the operational and strategic business goals;
- Establish & implement short term & long term goals, objectives, policies & operating procedures;
- Managing company premises and facilities, liaising with landlord and facilities maintenance company;
- Negotiating, managing and renewing company insurance contracts;
- Identifying needs of outsourcing functions, selecting appropriate services providers for travel arrangements, company lease cars, security, canteen, reception, cleaning, facility maintenance etc.
- Managing stationery and furniture and making orders if necessary;
- Develop and implement administrative systems, such as record management;
- Manage the Company budget and ensure complete clarity around expenditure;
- Preparing monthly meetings for senior management, recording meeting minutes and preparing monthly reports to headquarters;
- Being the onsite safety representative and implementing health and safety policies and procedures, including fire regulations and arranging necessary health and safety trainings to ensure all health and safety duties required by law has been taken;
- Work closely with building management with regards all facilities matters;
- Organises and audits the company's systems, databases, and procedures;
- Arranging company relocation schedule, process, selecting moving company, prepare notice of moving to employees, dealing with any relocation issues;
- Ensuring that all operations are executed in full compliance with company policies, local laws and regulations and codes of practice;
- Auditing and accessing data protection policies and procedures to ensure GDPR compliance;
- Implementing and managing procurement system, policies and procedures and supplier relationships ensuring excellent service:
- Manage the provision of the IT by an external provider, supported internally to ensure service levels are excellent;
- Managing other administration tasks and assisting with management workload when required
Core Skills and Qualifications
- A Degree or HND in business administration/business management, computing and information technology, human resource management, management, public administration or any other relevant subjects;
- Health and Safety qualification such as NEBOSH will be an advantage.
- At least 5 years' Experience as Manager or General/Operations Manager
- Management experience in automotive industry or engineering R&D centre will be desirable
- Experience of culture setting and change management
- Fluency in English is a must. Other languages is a plus; preferably Chinese
- Experience of setting up a new company is desirable
- A problem-solving approach to work
- Project management skills
- A familiarity with legislation in the areas of employment, equality and diversity and data protection is also useful
- The ability to manage your own workload and supervise the work of others concurrently
If you are looking fo a new challenge within an excellent company at the cutting edge of Electric Vehicle Development then write or call on 01384 446145.