Research & Development Engineer
Industry/Sector: Measurement Systems
A new Research & Development Engineer is required within an established and growing company. The new candidate will be joining a strong, highly motivated and successful engineering team, who will play a critical role in the progression and future of the business. We are looking for an extremely motivated candidate, a highly enthusiastic individual who is passionate about engineering and can develop and grow within the role.
My client is an innovator in low volume, high performance solutions for torque measurement, power transmission and test bed systems.
As a Research & Development Engineer, you will be required to:
- provide timely support for new product enquiries
- produce innovative designs/ideas and create workable and cost-effective solutions
- create 3D CAD conceptual designs and 2D drawings
- have the ability to conduct test schedules, document the results and present these findings clearly
- work on short and long-term projects both in managing, documenting and performing the project activities
- select and specify suitable equipment suppliers and processes
The Research & Development Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- degree educated in an engineering discipline
- innovative and resourceful
- self-motivated and resourcefulness
- strong maths and IT skills
- strong written and oral communication, with good interpersonal manner
- commercial awareness
- proven time management and procedural abilities
- be able to demonstrate achievements in practical technical activities outside of work
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have electrical and instrumentation knowledge and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Research & Development Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .