- Conducting pilot and factory scale trials and test to inform equipment design choice
- Analysing of data from trials and test
- Developing new and improved equipment for food production
- Integrating equipment together to develop an efficient overall process
- Scaling up designs from pilot plant to factory scale
- Working with engineering colleagues both internally and externally to develop process and equipment designs
- Specifying equipment detail
- Managing project work run by external companies
1) Process & equipment design
2) Trials & data analysis
3) Ability to get on with a wide range of people
- Knowledge of key process engineering skills of heat & mass balances.
- Understanding of rheology of liquids and flow properties of solids.
- Data analysis and technical rigour in conducting trials.
- Good understanding of the needs of food production, GMP, clean-ability, etc. in equipment design.
- Good understanding of machinery safety. Good project management skills.
- Discrete Event Simulation (ideally Witness software).
- Food production engineering
- Design of experiments
- Equipment testing & specification
- Drying processes
- Conveying, bagging and hopper / silo design
- Vibration analysis
- International working / travel
- Patenting equipment
- Handing chocolate / cocoa beans
- Engineering degree
Some travel abroad may be involved
Interested in discussing this role further? Please contact Sarah Gilbert or Kate Stevens of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.