We are currently recruiting for an Automotive Research Analyst to work for a specialised Research and Analysis company based in London and Northants
This role will entail perfuming in-depth Research into trends, Regulatory affairs and modern Technologies related the Automotive Powertrain sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and controlling the CO2 & CAFE strategy of the all brand in the Europe and China market by collaborating and with the discussing with global powertrain production and sales forecast team.
- Interpretation of legislation for Credit and powertrain based taxation.
- Follow state regulatory emissions and environmental activities and provide related analysis, comments, and guidance to Cost to compliance global team.
- Monitor upcoming EU commission and other agencies' environmental (e.g. JRC,CLEPA,ETRAC, etc.) research and regulatory initiatives through participation in industry and government meetings and committees, as well as through frequent contact with government representatives, other companies, and trade association.
- Prepare reports on an ongoing basis addressing upcoming regulations and summaries of published regulatory actions with recommendations on how all car manufacturers will achieve compliance.
- Keep abreast of and distribute information on environmental trends, technologies and upcoming requirements to related team through meetings and presentations on a regular basis.
- Rules development on existing powertrain production and sales forecast to force technology pathways and efficiency routes that enables to achieve CO2 compliance.
- Conduct cost benefit analysis on technology routes and powertrain implementation plan based on developed sales and production forecast.
- Act as a liaison between powertrain forecast team to develop powertrain forecast that can achieve compliance in suggested technology path base on history technology implementation plan and what-if studies.
- Develop and lead global technology plan for the major car brand to achieve compliance where by the technologies are adopted based on defined rules for opportunities in engine, transmission and alternate propulsion system design and influencing the sales and production.
- Develop vehicle efficiency and powertrain efficiency technology intelligence and trends.
- A degree in Engineering, Automotive Technology or more than 3 years equivalent in related experience.
- At least 2 years of data management experience with emphasis on cleansing, importing, merging, formatting, and synthesizing large data sets
- Well-developed and experience with Excel and Access at expert level
- Ability to visualize and compile large sets of data into a clear and useable format
- Proven ability to effectively communicate technical issues both verbally and in writing to non-technical people.
- Fluent communication skills to include writing, interpersonal and listening in English.
- Developed organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively prioritize.
- Proven ability to analyze, assess and interpret complex technical information.
- Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to creatively problem-solve
- Direct experience: more than 3 years direct, or at least a demonstrable affinity with, the automotive industry.
- Excellent analytical, writing and presentation skills, with proficiency in MS Office. High work ethic and ability to work to tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Commitment and Integrity: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, follows through on commitments, treats co-workers like trusted and respected colleagues, maintains confidentiality, supports company values
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and highly respected organisation in a role that will provide variety and potential personal development for the right person.
Salary and benefits package is commensurate with experience level.